Need Help With Seat (NJ Area) - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL650A - 2012-2016 DL650A 2012-2016 (L2-L6)

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 06-16-2017, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Need Help With Seat (NJ Area)

Hi, this is a 2 parter.

First, I have prostate issues and can't ride my 2013 DL650 due to it. I have zero issues riding my CBR1000rr but for whatever reason the way the vstrom saddle is, and the way my weight is on it, it badly hurts. I think its because on my CBR the weight is more at the top of my butt and on the vstrom i am more sitting directly on the prostate area.

I have this issue both with the stock seat and the saddlemen adventure tour seat I have.

I am thinking of selling the bike due to the issue but before I do I thought maybe I would take one more run at getting a different seat that might work for me.

So basically I am wondering if anyone can recommend a seat that would change the position on the seat so the weight is less in that area and the weight is further up my butt.

That brings me to the next part of the question which is if there is anyone in the north NJ area with a DL650 with the Sargent seat that would be willing to meet me so I could sit on it and try it?

It looks like a different seat design and the weight might be distributed with it better as it looks wider in the butt area but I dont want to buy it if its not going to work./

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-17-2017, 12:26 AM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
There is an Airhawk inflatable seat cover, used to be the model "R", that has a valley between the 'bubbles' specifically for tailbone and prostate issues. It is now models R-L and R-S.
I had it because of a broken tailbone, and it was the difference that kept me in the saddle.
http://www.airhawk.com.au/product_de...&product_id=59
Big B likes this.

DL650 2013-14
post #3 of 15 Old 06-17-2017, 03:48 AM
$tromtrooper

Yeah I'd recommend Airhawk for OP.

Ontario Canada rider staying in Cairns Australian Feb to May & Aug-Oct each year
Australia> 04 KLR650 93 ST1100 sold Canada > 10 Wee ABS 2009 CBF1000 09 Burgman Exec sold 10 NT700v sold
Travel photos> https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries

post #4 of 15 Old 06-17-2017, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thanks for the reply guys, I actually did try the airhawk pro r for a while and it did help a little but not a lot. I still had a lot of pain after riding. i believe the issue is the angle i am sitting regardless of what is under me. i guess i would need a saddle to change the seating position on the bike. unfortunately i think this isnt really possible so i might have no choice but to sell my strom. a real shame because i have thousands of accessories on it.
post #5 of 15 Old 06-17-2017, 08:37 AM
Stromthusiast!

I have the seat concepts seat, bar risers and footpeg lowering kit, I'm sitting on my butt now and not my crotch, it's like riding a completely different bike.
post #6 of 15 Old 06-17-2017, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingcarpenter55 View Post
I have the seat concepts seat, bar risers and footpeg lowering kit, I'm sitting on my butt now and not my crotch, it's like riding a completely different bike.
very interesting. i guess then i am not the only one who feels like i am riding my croch than my butt on the seat.

what do you think made the biggest difference?
post #7 of 15 Old 06-17-2017, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Sounds like you are leaning up too far, do you have risers with set back installed? My Corbin saddle nestles me away from the front of tank and seat, for me the riding position is perfect.

BRIAN "GO Buckeyes, GO Wildcats"!

2015 DL650 XT "Drill"

post #8 of 15 Old 06-17-2017, 12:45 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandroidx View Post
very interesting. i guess then i am not the only one who feels like i am riding my croch than my butt on the seat.

what do you think made the biggest difference?

Well the risers move your shoulders back so you sitting on your butt more and the seat concepts seat is wider and more of a dish shape I guess, hard to explain as I'm not a seat expert by any means but I do know and as many others here have said the stock seat is horrible. The seat and risers will set you back about 250 bucks, looked at it as an experiment so if I didn't like it I could sell it off here and only lose maybe a hundred bucks or so but for me it was a game changer, keeping my bike now...lol
post #9 of 15 Old 06-17-2017, 01:17 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
What you are describing does sound like a handlebar/foot peg location issue more than a seat issue.
Big B likes this.
post #10 of 15 Old 06-17-2017, 05:36 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandroidx View Post
Hi, this is a 2 parter.

First, I have prostate issues and can't ride my 2013 DL650 due to it. I have zero issues riding my CBR1000rr but for whatever reason the way the vstrom saddle is, and the way my weight is on it, it badly hurts. I think its because on my CBR the weight is more at the top of my butt and on the vstrom i am more sitting directly on the prostate area.

I am thinking of selling the bike due to the issue but before I do I thought maybe I would take one more run at getting a different seat that might work for me.

So basically I am wondering if anyone can recommend a seat that would change the position on the seat so the weight is less in that area and the weight is further up my butt.
./
If you are handy you can fix the seat you have - or get it done at a local upholstery shop.
Buy a quality hemorrhoid cushion / ring. Remove the cover of your seat and cut out just enough of the original foam to insert your new hem-ring. Replace the cover and ride on.

Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '02 BMW K1200rs, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode