StromTrooper banner

High beam indicator bulb too bright

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  spike55_bmw 
#1 ·
As I'm working on my to do list from last fall, I come across this: make high beam indicator less bright.

When driving at night (our roads are unlit) I find the brightness the blue bulb affects my night adapted vision.

Any idea how it could be dimmed? Different bulb? White tape over the bulb? Anyone attempt anything similar?

I'm riding a 2015 Wee.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Easiest solution would probably be tape of some sort.. Maybe a couple/few layers of "flat" scotch tape right over the light would take the edge off but still remain visible during the day. Probably have to replace tape every now and then, but can't beat the cost if it works.

#9 · (Edited)
I'm using Post-it Flags. I cut off about a 1 cm square of the clear frosted part and as many layers as needed to attenuate the light. I picked these because they are easy to remove when I sell my car or bike. Other ideas probably work better but may become resistant to removal.

Attachments

#15 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm gonna go with the hole punch route and see where that takes me.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

#16 ·
So, everyone's being driven mad by stupidly bright high beam light. I stuck a circle of black insulating tape over mine and I can still see the blue light through the tape - at about the right level of brightness. Did Suzuki ever ride the bike at night on high beam? Such a simple thing to correct - come on Suzuki.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.