StromTrooper banner

Cargo net inside of Paniers lid?

4K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  H8-3Putts 
#1 ·
I have the stock 650 vstrom adventure that came with the Suzuki stock square paniers. I was wondering if anyone has put a netting in the lid section to be able to carry stuff that might be needed easily. I know that one model offers nett but will it work in the Suzuki's? Or what else have you done? Thanks

#3 ·
I don't have stock cases, I have the Caribou system on my 2007, but I did add a stretchy mesh net to the inside lid of my top box. It's nice to hold extra gloves, a ball cap, some extra shop wipes. Little things that are nice to access but don't weigh much. I hang a tire pressure gauge from it, so it's always "right there" when I need it.

I'll snap a picture of it when I get home and post it.

#10 ·
I purchased some netting but was unable to secure it inside my Givi boxes, all the glues I tried failed when the weather got hot and I'm not ready to drill holes "yet", I'm still looking into it.

I have a Shad 40 top box and they use screws to attach a rack to the top of the box from the inside, I was able to use the racks screws to attach a net to the lid of the top box and it works well.

#20 ·
Not really following . How does it attach inside the lid ? I was interested in these for division / convience reasons

I also am wondering how they would attach.

#22 ·
I really like the pics of your KLR :smile2: I had a big pack on my Wee on start of Alaska Trip.I used a old car trunk bag to hold a lot.The border guard looked at my bike,laughed,and asked,Is that all your's?":grin2: Glad he did not make me unload it!:surprise:
This is about as clean as I ever remember my Wee being.It usually only gets washed in the winter to get road salt off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.