StromTrooper banner

Progressive 465

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  pollack 
#1 ·
I have a 465 on my KLR and I have been very happy with it. I have done a bit of research and Progressive offers it for the older wees; although, not the 12-16. Happy Trails offers if through 13.... I'm not sure why it is offered through 13 and it wouldn't work for a 15. Anyway can someone offer some insight?

Best regards,

#2 ·
Glee shocks are slightly longer than Wee shocks. They will interchange and the only real difference will be a bit of a change in seat height. There is a part number difference and a lower later price between '12-'14 and '15-'16 but the number change is minor, a typical sign of a new supplier meeting the same spec.

#4 ·
A Glee shock will make the Wee seat higher while a Wee shock will make a Glee seat lower.

#5 ·
What is the length difference between both shocks?

To OP: I have looked at Progressive also at HyperPro and at the end decided on switching rear spring to HyperPro. Didn't wanna loose remote hydraulic preload.

It works extremely well with OEM shock on Glee/Wee2, didn't even have to change damping. If you look most of replacement shocks are emulation type, not much of the upgrade, and spring is a biggest issue with OEM, just saying.

#6 ·
The length difference is very small, like a few mm. The Glee shock seems to be about the same length as the Vee shock. You can plug in the different bikes at Motorcycle Ergonomics to cycle through the comparisons but remember the seats are a bit different too.

#10 · (Edited)
I did purchase a 465-1162 and recently installed it. For those who may be interested, it was identical in length and had no fitment issues. I sat on the bike and couldn't tell any difference in the seat height as well. Any who, I figured some one may be interested down the road.

Best regards,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.