Wee or Glee - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 01:02 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Default Wee or Glee

Have searched but haven't found so I am not sure if the following question has been raised ( correct me if I am wrong )
I recently bought an 08 wee with intentions of riding it around for 6 months to a year before I buy a brand new one but so far I am really impressed with the Wee ( haven't ridden the Glee yet ).
The question is do I or don't I .
I am interested which one you guys prefer.
I want to bling mine a little ( pipe and brake upgrade ).
Do I spend the money or wait and get the Glee and do it to that
I guess it is the new bike devaluation you get when you ride it out of the show room syndrome with me.
Anyway your thoughts Guys n Gals
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 01:10 AM
Moderator++

I've had both. The Glee is a little better, especially the suspension. Help the suspension on the Wee and it is very close.

Please vote in the poll on what Strom(s) you have at http://www.stromtrooper.com/informat...-you-have.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-14-2013, 03:52 AM
Stromthusiast!

Used to have 2 Vee and then got Wee. Now I'm on my second Wee (200 and fits me much better for my needs. Glee? Rode one. I don't think is worth couple of thousands of $ more. Plus there is much more farkles (either new or used) available for Wee. At lower cost too. Myself? Just waiting for new 1000...
Old 01-14-2013, 04:44 AM
Stromthusiast!

I owned a K6 - up for replacement with 120,000k's on it.

My new Glee is better, particularly off road, but I wouldn't have spent $$$ to replace a low milage Wee to get one.

Pete
Old 01-14-2013, 11:01 AM
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

The 2012 DL 650 is an improved model, there is no doubt. BUT, if you are satisfied with the early models there is no compelling reason or huge difference that justifies spending a lot of money to trade up.

Yes, the suspension is the first thing you will notice being better. But the early models can have front springs/emulators installed for about $275 and then they are better than the Glee ( I cannot believe I wrote that...). Brakes are about the same. ABS is a huge reason I bought the new bike but earlier models can have that too. I very much like the looks of the new bike and the gauge package is one of the best I have had on a bike.

The nice thing about the 650's is that they are easy to sell. So if you are not sure and want to buy an older used model you can do that and not lose much money after riding it a while. Then trade up to a new one if you really want to.

I would say that if you don't do a lot of work on the bike yourself, buying the new generation is probably the way to go. Right out of the box they are pretty good to go. A windscreen and seat upgrade ( two of the easiest things to change ) transform the bike to a comfortable touring or commuter machine.

WERKS modified clutch baskets for DL and SV 1000's.
The BEST in chudder control, noise control, and lasting durability! AVAILABLE HERE: www.werksparts.com
Have questions about the clutch in your DL or SV 1000? E-mail Terry info@werksparts.com
Old 01-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Moderator++

Quote:
Originally Posted by realshelby View Post
Glee ( I cannot believe I wrote that...).
I know exactly what you mean. I resisted using "Wee" for months. After a couple of thousand posts, a short term of identification became way more important than what significance my mind associated with a word. Much like George Carlin's seven deadly words you can't say on TV, any word carries the energy we put on it. The world would be an easier place to live in if nobody decided any words were bad.

The more time(s) we interact with some word, group of people, circumstance, etc. that is unfamiliar or we carry a prejudice against, the less bothersome they become. Familiarity doesn't breed contempt. It breeds neutrality.

Please vote in the poll on what Strom(s) you have at http://www.stromtrooper.com/informat...-you-have.html
Old 01-14-2013, 11:49 AM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywolf View Post
The more time(s) we interact with some word, group of people, circumstance, etc. that is unfamiliar or we carry a prejudice against, the less bothersome they become. Familiarity doesn't breed contempt. It breeds neutrality.
If you can banish the mental image of what I think about when somebody here says glee, I'll consider using the word. Old fat guys prancing around motorcycles wearing tutus is not a pleasnat thought.

This message and images are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. http://creativecommons.org
Old 01-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Stromthusiast!

Does the new 650's windscreen work better than the Wee's, or is a the Madstad type of setup still needed? At least one reviewer said it was "much improved," but that doesn't say a lot.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:28 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth_moore View Post
Does the new 650's windscreen work better than the Wee's, or is a the Madstad type of setup still needed? At least one reviewer said it was "much improved," but that doesn't say a lot.
For me, the Madstad is still required. I tried it without, and it wasn't bad...it just wasn't good enough. I bought the Madstad windscreen, too, because the 2012 bracket doesn't fit the 2012 windscreen. HOWEVER, I think I may just keep the 2012 screen and I'll drill holes into it to make it fit in case I ever break my Madstad screen.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:39 PM
Stromthusiast!

Arrow i prefer the wee

Quote:
Originally Posted by astromina View Post
I am interested which one you guys prefer.
IMHO, the wee 650 looks better. and in fact, the wee has a larger fuel tank, higher C.R., higher red line. OTOH, the glee looks ok but, overall cheap looking. the fairing kinda looks like lipstick on a pig. and the gages & fenders look cheap too. just say n.

Last edited by JRWalker; 01-16-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: additional info..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement