i *HATE* this "new to me" 2004 WEE!!! - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default i *HATE* this "new to me" 2004 WEE!!!

So..here's the deal...I purchased a 2004 Wee from this dude on Christmas Eve morning...test rode it for about 3 or 4 miles...felt like it fit me like a glove, so , i was forced to buy the damn thing. Now, this WEE is not my only bike. I currently have a '08 Suzuki GSX650F and a '08 FJR 1300. The FJR 1300 is my "main" bike, and have put about 87K miles on it in just over 4 yrs. This is my 2nd FJR. My first FJR was an '04 that I put over 70K miles on in a little over 3 yrs.

I have been itching to get a '13 FJR 1300, but no dealers in my area have them yet, so I have been just biding my time till they get one in. THEN!! then, i get this damn WEE STROM! Now my world is UPSIDE down!! I have fallen in love with that stupid v-twin monstrosity (its ugly as hell), and am doubting my commitment to a 3rd FJR! I rode the wee all last week ( my first EVER break from riding the FJR for more than 2 or 3 days), and today i get on the FJR, and it feels.....weird! Like somehow, either my body or my bike has changed dimensions on me. While I'm riding the FJR this morning, I'm thinking about that damn wee back home in the garage! DAMMIT!!

So, what to do?? Why wasn't I warned that the WEE had evil powers and would scramble my normally sharp mind?? Do i get the new FJR at $15,000.00, or go buy a brand new WEE (and save a ton of $$) to call my main squeeze?? do i keep my '08 FJR and make it a secondary bike?? do i keep the '04 Wee and the '08 FJR and call it a day?? I NEED HELP!
2004 Suzuki DL-650 & 2007 KLX 250S
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 01:42 PM
$tromtrooper

Prepare thyself..........you have been assimilated!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCruizer View Post
I NEED HELP!
Sorry. I can't offer help.

I rode my wee to work today. It was 28F outdoors when I left my house. Snow on the mountain (not road) I crossed. It's January for crying out loud !
Old 01-07-2013, 02:42 PM
$tromtrooper

Now you can just keep what you've got and spend the cash on gasoline and trips!

Old 01-07-2013, 02:49 PM
$tromtrooper

Just be glad it wasn't the Vee that got you.
PC-V, TRE, CR8EIX , ECM, K&N, RDL, PR4, PC-8, EB H4, WERKS, Madstad 22", 17/43 gearing, AdventureTech: Fork brace, shelf, mirror extenders, SpeedoDRD, wheel spacer, Head's-Up voltage monitor, Goldwing pegs, Sonic 1.1.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt1moore View Post
That probably wouldn't have happened!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCruizer View Post
So, what to do?? Do i get the new FJR at $15,000.00, or go buy a brand new WEE (and save a ton of $$) to call my main squeeze?? do i keep my '08 FJR and make it a secondary bike?? do i keep the '04 Wee and the '08 FJR and call it a day?? I NEED HELP!
I would do the latter for a while. Ride the used Wee and the used FJR. Or buy the new Wee and keep the used FJR. The FJR is good for many more miles anyway, right?

When I bought my used Wee and then got back on my Sprint ST after not riding it for a week or so, the steering felt so heavy in comparison that I thought my front tire was low or something had gone wrong with the forks. It wasn't the case as the familiar feel would come back, but the bikes handled so differently. I like the Wee enough that I sold the Sprint, figuring it would sit there most of the time. No regrets.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 01-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt1moore View Post
Actually, i test rode a '07 Vee Strom a couple of years ago, and it did nothing for me. I decided to try the wee because a guy i rode with in the texas hill country told me he loved his wee and it was worth a test ride. Sure nuff, the Wee got me!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V Strom, Jr. View Post
I would do the latter for a while. Ride the used Wee and the used FJR. Or buy the new Wee and keep the used FJR. The FJR is good for many more miles anyway, right?

When I bought my used Wee and then got back on my Sprint ST after not riding it for a week or so, the steering felt so heavy in comparison that I thought my front tire was low or something had gone wrong with the forks. It wasn't the case as the familiar feel would come back, but the bikes handled so differently. I like the Wee enough that I sold the Sprint, figuring it would sit there most of the time. No regrets.
i hear ya...now here's the really strange part...i rode the gsx650f..still felt the same to me..but for some reason, the FJR feels totally different....

Lucky for me, the new fjrs are still not here, so i have time to keep riding both and make a decision later. What a deal!
Old 01-07-2013, 04:45 PM
Stromthusiast!

Man shall not live on one bike alone! Keep them both and spend your cash on the great farkle fest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.