Tool kit - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default Tool kit

Trying to put a good tool kit together to take with me this coming summer on a Alaska trip.. Trying to think of any unusual sized tool that I might need. Tried searching but it does not seem to work.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 10:01 PM
$tromtrooper

typing 'tool kit' in the google search thing turned up several. Here's one that looks promising.....putting together a tool kit for DL650
Old 12-07-2012, 01:16 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Default tool kit

i recently had to assemble a kit for my new DR-350, since she came to me w/o one

i got my roll around stool, a note pad, pencil, simple caliper & a tape measure

pulled the 350 out on the drive & slowly/methodically marked down every tool necessary to disassemble the bike

add to those tools a set of tire tools(irons, valve stem tool, patch kit, pump & gauge), spare front tube, safety wire, electrical wire, duct tape, electrical tape, emergency tape, zip ties, clean shop towels & a couple, each, of the common bulbs the bike uses

that was just for starters & as i find a fastener that i don't have the tool for, i add it to the kit

a good friend of mine does all of his disassembly, for normal maintenance & repairs, w/ his on board tool kit which re-assures him that he has all the tools he might need

sounds like you are doing proper ground work for your adventure

sw
--------------------------------------------------------
'05 WEE (LRW)
'99 DR TREE FIDDY SEX
plus several BRAND X
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-07-2012, 04:58 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I just got finished making a took kit myself. I found a cool pencil box at Staples that fits perfectly under the seat in the rear behind the seat attachment bar thingy.

I've been making my 07 Wee into a touring bike and have torn a lot of it apart. As I use a tool, I make sure to add it to my tool box. I also make sure I add duct tape (6ft), electrical tape (6ft), wire (12ft), razor blades, spare fuzes, lock tight, tire irons, patch kit, electric pump, pressure gauge, chain tool (need some more 525 master links), zip ties (plastic and metal), and bungee cords if possible. So far I've added a whole lot to my bike.

This is what it looks like under the seat....
Fuze box, tool kit, Autocom system, bag of cords for heated gear, Now also have my passenger's com cord, plus plastic zip ties, the metal ones are under the tool box in the rear, as well as a tire iron that also has the correct size wrench for the rear axle nut on the other end, and a few manuals.

Last edited by ShooterDave; 12-07-2012 at 05:02 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:42 AM
$tromtrooper

Disposable gloves......hard to find a sink to wash up in while on the Dalton!!
Add correct size hex wrench for the front axle.....your stock tool kit does not come with one.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Stromthusiast!

TheTwins' Underseat Toolkit
Old 12-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark444 View Post
Disposable gloves......hard to find a sink to wash up in while on the Dalton!!
Add correct size hex wrench for the front axle.....your stock tool kit does not come with one.
Or a few baby wipes or hand wipes in a zip lock bag (I hate gloves). Don't forget spare bulbs (one of each should do).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.