StromTrooper banner

Where does this clip to? 2011 abs weestrom

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  pingpongrider 
#1 ·
Hi to everyone. This is my first thread. I have visited this site on a daily basis since getting the 2011 abs strom, and have benefitted considerably from the collective wisdom of the enthusiasts. I unbolted and pulled radiator to the front fork to gain access to the front spark plug. Noticed that the ABS wire that runs from the front wheel to over and behind the right side of radiator is unclipped. The elecrical connector at the end of the wire is attached. However, about two inches before this connection is a part of the wire that should clip to something. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

#2 ·
There is s clamp on top of the radiator just inside the right upright. The sensor wire goes up from the fork in front of the radiator, in the clip and over the top of the radiator.

#3 ·
Where does this clip to? 2011 weestrom abs

Hi Greywolf,
The clip at the top right part of the radiator is attached. The part I am referring to is where the wire goes over and to the back of the radiator and about an inch and a half from where it connects to the harness. There is a clip type connector which has a prong in the middle of it. It looks like it should clip to something.

#4 ·
At this point, I need a picture.

#5 ·
Where does this clip to? 2011 Abs weestrom

I am not adept at posting photos. However, the problem occurs after the point at which the wire passes through the clamp inside the right upright of the radiator. If you follow the wire past this point and to the rear of the radiator, the wire widens out into a roughly rectangular shaped piece, just before it plugs into the main wiring loom. That rectangular piece has what can be described as a clip on one side. The clip suggests that it should be hooked onto something.

#6 ·
If you give the color of the wires it would be easier to identify. There are several wire bundles that attach to the back of the radiator shroud with clips like that. If you feel around on the shroud and find an unoccupied hole about 1/4" in diameter that's probably where the clip belongs. It ought to be pretty close to where the clip is hanging now.

#7 ·
If the other side from the clip is a plastic arrow point, that would be the case.

#8 ·
Where does this clip to? 2011 Abs weestrom

Today I got a really close up look of the sensor wire and where it plugs into the connector at the rear of the radiator. The connector is black in color as is the complete wire.At the back of that connector is where the arrow-like prong is located. On the connector itself is stamped the following: Bosch Conn No: FOOC IGO 001. The connection is right next to the small black plug that I believe is the factory heated grip connector.I looked carefully at the radiator shroud for a mating surface to hook it onto but could not find one. At this point, I am not sure if it was hooked onto anything in the first place, though the prong on the back of the connector suggests otherwise. Does anyone know where it hooks to(or doesn't?)

#10 ·
Today I got a really close up look of the sensor wire and where it plugs into the connector at the rear of the radiator. The connector is black in color as is the complete wire.At the back of that connector is where the arrow-like prong is located. On the connector itself is stamped the following: Bosch Conn No: FOOC IGO 001. The connection is right next to the small black plug that I believe is the factory heated grip connector.I looked carefully at the radiator shroud for a mating surface to hook it onto but could not find one. At this point, I am not sure if it was hooked onto anything in the first place, though the prong on the back of the connector suggests otherwise. Does anyone know where it hooks to(or doesn't?)
Thanks Greywolf. Will look into it later this week.

#9 ·
There is a hole in the radiator shroud the prong seats in. There is a set of holes and a number of connectors. The pic may be from a different model but shows the idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.