Soft Saddlebag Support Bracket - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default Soft Saddlebag Support Bracket

OK, I have checked and not been able to find it. A couple years back, OK, about 4 years back, someone posted a thread on a homemade support bracket to support the left saddlebag to keep it from bending under the rear fender. I searched for this but couldn't find it anywhere. Does anyone remember this post and can they direct me to it or provide a link to so I can fabricate my own. I did one for my '07 Wee, but I don't have the pattern anymore.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Stromthusiast!

V-Strom Accessories

DL1000K7
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Stromthusiast!

Actually the thread I was looking for was for a saddlebag standoff that you make yourself. I have a hunch that while the PW standoff isn't all that expensive, it would cost as much to ship it to Alaska as it would to purchase it. Hence, my need to make one myself. This one involved some flat stock, cut to the right length and bent at the correct angles and uses the existing mounting screws/bolts on the bike to hold it in place.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default 2nd try :)

Halfway down the page--

Suzuki V-Strom DL 1000 / DL 650 Info and Accessories

or

http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-20...e-support.html

DL1000K7
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Thumbs up Making ur own supports for soft bags.

After my first big trip I discovered that my new bags were rubbing in the exhaust shield. Not cool as it as making them shiney.
So I decided to start making my own.
First I fitted a piece of flat bar the full width under my top box bracket. From there two 8 mm bars down to the rear foot peg mount has convenient lugs n bold holes. From there welded in a large mesh to fill the gap. I didn't fit any support behind the rear mud guard.
They have made packing for trips so
Much easier. And iv put a piece of builders waist pipe with a blocking end stuck to one end and the other to open up and have storage for my tent.it fits perfectly where the 1000 has her second exhaust.
Will try upload pics to show.
Cheers goo luck. But make them your self. And stuff the corporate world.
Sean in Africa.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Stromthusiast!

Several years ago there was a thread where someone made his own bracket for keeping the left soft saddlebag from sagging into the rear wheel well. I followed the directions and made my own, which worked well. Unfortunately that info has been lost and I can't find it again. I was looking at my Wee (now sadly parked for the winter) the other day and began visualizing how to make my own bracket, to include incorporating a rear fender support bracket to stabilize it. I still have to do some measuring and then put thoughts and dimensions on paper before heading over to Lowe's and getting some flat stock for the project. If I can do this reasonably, then I won't have to purchase an already made item. Failing to produce a decently-made bracket, I will no doubt be giving Dan Vessel a call. Should make for a fun project, though, and I always enjoy coming up with something I've done myself instead of relying on someone else's ingenuity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement