Dumped my Wee today - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Default Dumped my Wee today

Well it happened. I dumped my new to me 07 Wee today on a very muddy fire road out here in the SF Bay area. Aside from some scratches on the fairing and a dent in my gas tank on the opposite side(?) she seems to be fine. My question is, is there any common injuries to the bike associated with a low speed dirt crash? I drove my bike home and it seemed to run a little rougher than usual. Can throttle bodies get stuck open after a lowside crash? also is it possible to pull out a dent on the gas tank?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Stromthusiast!

Mine ran fine after I flipped it but it did get a 1000 mile trailer ride and sat for a while before I started it again.
Depending on the nature of the dent you may be able to get it pulled out. I used air pressure to pop a dent out of a gas tank once. I had to get straps across the mount points to hold to together from spreading. It's the kind of thing you want to sneak up on and not drastic attempts all at once.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Depending how long it was on it's side, you might want to check if oil got up into the air box. That would cause it to run rough.

2012 Wee - Fox Orange (Gord)
2011 Wee - Black (The Black Heathen) - Traded in
K7 Wee - Silver (Thunder) - Sold
Old 11-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

HMMM... That would make sense now wouldnt it. Bike was on its side less than a minute but I'll check that out. Thanks!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Stromthusiast!

You asked about "common injuries" (to the bike)... I would have to say that the front turn-signals tend to get injured most often during low-speed tipovers.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:02 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Oh that would have happened but I have flush style turn signals. I was more referring to common mechanical "injuries".
Old 11-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Stromthusiast!

Sale post outside the Marketplace. Take it to PM or put it in the for sale area. GW

Last edited by greywolf; 11-25-2012 at 11:37 AM. Reason: sale post
Old 11-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Stromthusiast!

I lowside dirt napped my 09 a few weeks ago on a dirt road in the rain. Brake lever, turn indicator, and hand guard damage. Scratched crash bar and givi e21.

On its side for 5-10 min while I extracted myself from under it .

No mechanical issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

" I like my Motorcycle's Loud and my Firearms Quiet." -Me
Old 11-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Hey MikeB no ones trying to sell anything here. Started this thread to find out what other riders have suffered in terms of mechanical issues after a low side dirt nap That's it.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

It looks like I have a small leak in the oil cooler after the nap. Guess thats what one gets for having no skid plate. Still cant figure out the dent on my other side though. Beginning to think I was tapped by a car in the city.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement