tank bag - Page 4 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Stromthusiast!

I put my Held on from my ZRX and it is ok but it doesn't lie flat. I am mostly interested in the tank bag as a map case ( for easy access).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

wobbly boot, I hope I didn't miss lead anyone, but the Bag Connection Bag does not touch the tank either, I just said that bags that do touch the tank can cause paint scratching. The Givi setup looked good to me to, I only went with the BC because I had one on my BMW GSA and I liked it.

John
Old 12-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
wobbly boot, I hope I didn't miss lead anyone, but the Bag Connection Bag does not touch the tank either, I just said that bags that do touch the tank can cause paint scratching. The Givi setup looked good to me to, I only went with the BC because I had one on my BMW GSA and I liked it.

John
No problem trainman.....I don't think we get that brand here in Australia...not sure as far as I know Givi is the only one here with that system...but i could be wrong and usually are

Cheers

Davo
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I use an electrified bags connection daypack. I have 2 buddies and one uses a Wolfman Ranier and the other uses a mid size magnetic cortech.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

wobbly boot, didn't realize that you lived in Australia, what a great place. Bag Connection is a product line owned be SW-Motech and their products are made in Germany, John
Old 12-10-2012, 03:14 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee willy View Post
I tried to find this but could not. Can you provide a link or a picture?
Thanks.

WW
Found my packing slip from 2/3/11. Part # 1597309 (WP-470-1070) Fieldsheer Contour Tank bag from Bike Bandit. I'm just starting to look for a strap mount base so I can use it on a R1200GS that ended up in my garage. If I find out more I'll PM you.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mike View Post
Are the magnets storng enough to keep it in place and are they positioned in the correct place to grab the tank properly?
I have one too - it stays very 'glued' to the tank and is a perfect 'magnetic' fit for it too. Excellent features and quite roomy to carry daily items.

2007 Suzuki DL650A | 1996 Jeep Cherokee | 2003 Mercedes E320 | 1995 Mazda Miata
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:54 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Oxford Lifetime Luggage. Come with 3 layers, so you can add/remove depending on what you need to carry. Seems like really made, good quality stuff. Same company that makes the Hot Grips (UK based).
Old 01-25-2013, 08:57 AM
Stromthusiast!

I have a Firstgear Silverstone magnetic bag. It fits great but is on the small side. I should've gone for the Silverstone II.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Stromthusiast!

my cortech held on my Vee in my crash. it had a few heavy items in it, and it also held fast on my wee when i dumped it in the dirt. so even with 5-7 lbs in it it still held on without slipping.

It should be noted that it does have a quick release strap that wraps around the tripple. so even if it does come loose its staying with the bike.

Zipper pulls suck, 3 of 4 now have zip ties as pulls after they broke. I hear i can get it warrantied tho.

" I like my Motorcycle's Loud and my Firearms Quiet." -Me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement