tank bag - Page 3 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 10:59 AM
$tromtrooper

+1 on the Bags Connection from Twisted Throttle. It seems like the Givi would work just as well. I like the idea of no straps etc.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Stromthusiast!

I have the FirstGear Silverstone tank bag, and it is perfect for me.
Firstgear Silverstone Tank Bag - Street Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore
[B]Past Bikes[/B]
1973 Honda 350
[URL="http://www.stromtrooper.com/picture.php?albumid=250&pictureid=2525"]1982 Kawasaki 440 LTD[/URL]
[URL="http://www.stromtrooper.com/picture.php?albumid=250&pictureid=2498"]1997 Honda XR250R[/URL]
[URL="http://www.stromtrooper.com/picture.php?albumid=250&pictureid=2498"]2004 Honda CRF50F[/URL]
[URL="http://www.stromtrooper.com/picture.php?albumid=250&pictureid=1136"]2009 Suzuki V-Strom 650[/URL] [COLOR="Gray"]Silver[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.stromtrooper.com/members/js29-albums-my-v-strom-picture2748-2002-yamaha-tt-r125l.jpg"]2002 Yamaha TT-R125L[/URL] (Son's)

Added Gear/Mods: FirstGear Silverstone Mini Tank & Tail Bags, Bungee Cargo Net, D260ST Givi Windscreen, Madstad Bracket, Superbrace, Grip Puppies, Suzuki Gel Seat, Aprilia Tuono Mirrors, RideItMoto Adjustable Levers, Murph's Kits Center Stand, Garmin Nuvi 550, Rick's GPS Mount, Ram Mounting Accessories, Eastern Beaver 3 Circuit Solution, Garmin Power/Data Cable, Michelin Pilot 3 tires, Speed Bleeders, Burns USB Outlet, Cramp Buster.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Stromthusiast!

Wolfman Rainier

I see them on lots of stroms

Wolfman Motorcycle Luggage
Old 12-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Stromthusiast!

Thanks for all of the input and links. I have some research to do over the winter.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkansas View Post
Wolfman Rainier

I see them on lots of stroms

Wolfman Motorcycle Luggage
+1 on the Rainier

Old 12-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

For me it's always been where am I going to ride the bike, that is, on or off road. My V-Strom has the Bag Connection bag with quick disconnect for all the obvious reasons, eating in restaurants, site seeing, where I can lock the bag in my trunk, or I can take it with me on a shoulder strap. My duel sport bike I use the Wolfman Enduro series bag, I want it strapped on and not coming off, thus I might use it the same way, just takes longer to remove. One note here is that we tend to put a lot of valuables things in the tank bag so make it easy on yourself for quick removal. One thing to remember is that dust and dirt under the tank bag or straps will scratch your paint and you will have to buff the paint to remove the scratches, you can only buff so many times. Your biggest decision will be how you will use the bag and what results you want to have.

John
Old 12-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
For me it's always been where am I going to ride the bike, that is, on or off road. My V-Strom has the Bag Connection bag with quick disconnect for all the obvious reasons, eating in restaurants, site seeing, where I can lock the bag in my trunk, or I can take it with me on a shoulder strap. My duel sport bike I use the Wolfman Enduro series bag, I want it strapped on and not coming off, thus I might use it the same way, just takes longer to remove. One note here is that we tend to put a lot of valuables things in the tank bag so make it easy on yourself for quick removal. One thing to remember is that dust and dirt under the tank bag or straps will scratch your paint and you will have to buff the paint to remove the scratches, you can only buff so many times. Your biggest decision will be how you will use the bag and what results you want to have.

John
And that is one of the main reasons for me choosing the Givi Tanklock system because the bag doesn't touch the tank other than the flange area around the gas fill hole. Just a quick flick of a lever and it detaches. It has a strap at the front where it loops around the headstock area just incase it comes adrift but it feel very secre when it's fitted.
I was never keen on the strap around the tank system and was going to go magnetic untill i seen the tanklock system.....the others were then cast aside and forgotten about.

Cheers

wobbly_boot

(Dave)
Old 12-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
+1 on the Rainier

+2 on the Rainer
Old 12-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I've got a Fieldsheer magnetic with side pockets, a nice map window and it expands to hold a lot. It's got a nice carrying handle and backpack straps. Real handy. Magnets don't all hit metal but enough do. Got a safety strap just in case and that allows me to shift it out of the way for gas. I think it was about $69 from Bike Bandit. Lot's of choices.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:19 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgor View Post
I've got a Fieldsheer magnetic with side pockets, a nice map window and it expands to hold a lot. It's got a nice carrying handle and backpack straps. Real handy. Magnets don't all hit metal but enough do. Got a safety strap just in case and that allows me to shift it out of the way for gas. I think it was about $69 from Bike Bandit. Lot's of choices.
I tried to find this but could not. Can you provide a link or a picture?
Thanks.

WW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement