Thinking of buying an 2007 vstrom 650 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Default Thinking of buying an 2007 vstrom 650

I am thinking about buying a 2007 vstrom 650. Not sure if it is ABS or not, I am going to find out. It has around 5000 miles. Just wondering what you all think these models go for if in excellent condition. Thanks for the help!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Stromthusiast!

Just do it. ABS is nice but not the a deal breaker for me. I have an '04 and love it.
It's the motorcycle a lot of others would like to be...perfect.
I'se had lots of bikes and this one keeps me smiling and corner carving.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Stromthusiast!

Pricing depends somewhat on location, time of year and amount of farkles. I bought my 07 last March with 23,xxx miles, and some of expensive farkles for $4,500 in the northwest.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Stromthusiast!

For me, the lack of ABS is a deal breaker. Your choice.

As said above, all pricing is local. Search Cycletrader and Craigslist to get an idea of the asking prices.

America’s infrastructure is now so wretched that, in some areas, the only people who drive straight are the drunks.
Anyone who is sober swerves to avoid potholes.
--Nicholas Kristof
Old 11-17-2012, 01:28 PM
$tromtrooper

Plus 1 for above comments, it depends on so many variables.

I bought my 07' about a year ago for $4,800 and it had 20k miles and about $4k of farkles. So fantastic deals are out there. Be patient and be willing to travel. I searched for 3 months and made a 4hour drive to get mine. Good stroms are plentiful and always available.

Edit: In regards to ABS... it depends on whether or not you intend to go off road with the bike. I do a substantial amount of off road riding so *no* ABS is preferred for me.

Last edited by cameraman; 11-17-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I got my 2007 V-Strom 650 in 2008 (no abs). I have had it ever since, ride it every day and all over Europe. Its a great bike and if you go for it I'm sure you will love it.

No idea how much they are costing in the US but around here, like has been said above, the price varies a lot depending on mileage, condition, seller, panniers, other farkles, etc. I have seen 2007 +/- a year or two ranging from the equivalent of $4,000 up to twice that.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Wess23

I bought my 2007 last Feb. with 5,200 miles and paid 3550.00. Excellent condition but basically bone stock. Spent well over another grand getting it set up to my liking, which is OK, to me that's half the fun.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Default thanks

Thanks for all the information, I'll post some pics when I buy a vstrom in the near future!!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Geezer on a Wee

I have a '07 myself. Mine is a solid bike (no problems) and I am happy with it. My son bought it new and sold it to me last year when he got into some financial difficulties (that happens some times, he got a child out of the deal). The only thing I would change about my bike is that I would have sprung for the ABS if I had been buying it new.

If you can find one farkled out with most of the stuff you would put on it yourself, you will very likely be way ahead by buying one pre-farkled. Farkles are expensive (I have about $4k of farlkes in mine).
1980 Honda Express (my toy!)
Old 11-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Stromthusiast!

What list of farkles gets to $4K (besides a call girl to ride pillion)? I think I have nearly every doodad available and I know I haven't got even to $2K:
SWMoto skid plate and crash bars
OEM centerstand
OEM handguards
heated grips
GPS shelf
12V aux plug
bar risers
ATV high bars
Intiminator fork valves
SS front brake line
Easter Beaver headlight cut-out switch and aux fuse block
Suzuki hard bags and rack
aux driving lights
Whelen high-intensity LED running lights
radiator guard
Rick Mayer seat
TWO oversized windshields in addition to the OEM
...and probably more that I have forgotten. How in hell can you get to $4K?
WHAT AM I MISSING? Agghhhh.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement