Thinking of buying an 2007 vstrom 650 - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

This question gets asked every 73 minutes.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
This question gets asked every 73 minutes.
OK, time's up -- what's the answer?
Old 11-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Moderator++

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
OK, time's up -- what's the answer?
42. It's always the answer.

Please vote in the poll on what Strom(s) you have at http://www.stromtrooper.com/informat...-you-have.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Stromthusiast!

Thank you grey wolf. Show everyone your towel too!
Old 11-18-2012, 08:43 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
What list of farkles gets to $4K (besides a call girl to ride pillion)? I think I have nearly every doodad available and I know I haven't got even to $2K:
SWMoto skid plate and crash bars
OEM centerstand
OEM handguards
heated grips
GPS shelf
12V aux plug
bar risers
ATV high bars
Intiminator fork valves
SS front brake line
Easter Beaver headlight cut-out switch and aux fuse block
Suzuki hard bags and rack
aux driving lights
Whelen high-intensity LED running lights
radiator guard
Rick Mayer seat
TWO oversized windshields in addition to the OEM
...and probably more that I have forgotten. How in hell can you get to $4K?
WHAT AM I MISSING? Agghhhh.......
My custom tuned Elka suspension, Jesse Panniers and Givi top case cost more than all that put together. I will be beefing up the front forks next, which will be another $250-300. So getting to $4k is VERY easy.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:55 PM
Stromthusiast!

I think a better investment is the call girl.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:27 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
What list of farkles gets to $4K (besides a call girl to ride pillion)? I think I have nearly every doodad available and I know I haven't got even to $2K:
SWMoto skid plate and crash bars
OEM centerstand
OEM handguards
heated grips
GPS shelf
12V aux plug
bar risers
ATV high bars
Intiminator fork valves
SS front brake line
Easter Beaver headlight cut-out switch and aux fuse block
Suzuki hard bags and rack
aux driving lights
Whelen high-intensity LED running lights
radiator guard
Rick Mayer seat
TWO oversized windshields in addition to the OEM
...and probably more that I have forgotten. How in hell can you get to $4K?
WHAT AM I MISSING? Agghhhh.......
You're missing an automatic chain oiler.

Bought my 2007 wee with 5000k on the clock for $8,000 (NZD), added chain oiler, Givi box and hand guards and then modified the seat myself. Great bike.

2007 DL650 (love it)
1983 BMW R100RS (20 years and 100,000k)
1983 Honda XL185S (chases sheep around the farm)
2007 Yamaha YF400 (feeds the sheep, pulls trailers, great up river beds)
1985 Yamaha YB50 (crossed the Southern Alps on that one)
1972 Velosolex S3800 (a blonde moment, please excuse me)
1975 Honda C50 (the original step thru)
1963 Yamaha YG1

And gone are: Raleigh Runabout (x 2), Yamaha FS1E, Honda CD175, MZ Trophy, Suzuki SP370, Yamaha RD 350, Suzuki GT 750, Triumph 5TA, BSA B40, Honda 400/4, James Cadet, Honda XL 185 (but bought another one), Suzuki YF500?, Honda S90 (which I wish wish wish I still had) and a few more which the grey matter won't release at the present.

When I was a boy my parents said 'you are NOT having a motorcycle'. So I had lots.
IBA 54971
Old 11-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
You're missing an automatic chain oiler
I'll be ordering today. I REFUSE TO BE OUTFARKLED!

Actually, I forgot to list fork brace and heat-troller. I think things are getting a little out of hand when somebody can't even remember all the gizmos he has added.

Hmmm...I wonder how a string of Christmas tree lights tastefully strung around frame members would look....
Old 11-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Moderator++

Quote:
I'll be ordering today. I REFUSE TO BE OUTFARKLED!
Then, at a minimum, you have to spend over $2000 on suspension like I did on my 2007.

2007 Suzuki DL650 w/ABS plus Fenda Extenda, sport and touring MP shields, clear signal lenses, OEM hand guards, Audiovox CC-100 cruise control, NEP CC4 throttle lock, clock/temp/voltmeter guage, 2 Heat-Trollers, Sargent seat, SV Racing sliders, Adventure Motostuff turn signal conversion kit, HotGrips with Grip Puppies, SW-Motech quick release sidecase racks with locks and tool tube - center stand - engine guards, fork gaiters, Eastern Beaver single headlight cutoff switch with relay and PC8 fuse block, Superbrace, EBC HH front brake pads and organic rear pads, Emgo mirrors, Genie garage door opener, 2 cigarette lighter type sockets, earbuds with two jacks wired to bike for Garmin Zumo 550, Elka shock, Pat Walsh dash with stiffener, Ram ball mount, LED turn signals including front running lights and LED tail lights plus below cowling running lights, Traxxion fork cartridges, speed bleeders, VVME.com HID headlights with relay, MOSFET regulator/rectifier, Gear Indicator Pro DX, grease fittings on the center stand pivots and rear brake lever pivot, stainless steel allen head replacement case bolts, adjustable hand levers, SKF tapered roller steering head bearings, Raceratb corrected gauge faces, Madstad windscreen bracket, Richland Rick's big side stand foot, RichlandRick footpeg lowering kit, Stebel horn and Bales oil filter conversion center bolt.

Please vote in the poll on what Strom(s) you have at http://www.stromtrooper.com/informat...-you-have.html
Old 11-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Stromthusiast!

Or buy a Ducati Multistrada...or Aprilia Tuono..and get the upgraded components installed directly from the factory floor.

Farkling and upgrading these things is fun and keeps us out of Petraeus-like trouble to be sure, but I wonder if there isn't some practical limit to how much lipstick the pig needs or deserves.

To be fair, I wrestle with this in regard to fixing up my '94 Corvette convertible, too. At what point does it stop making sense to throw money at something if the intrinsic value of the thing is less than the money thrown at it? It's not that I can't afford either, but my old Ohio farm-boy frugality sometimes emerges and hits me with the cold reality stick.

Dang it. I wish I had been born in the Hamptons so I would not be burdened by these considerations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.