6th gear indicator? anyone made one? - Page 4 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Moderator++

If you guys went to PM, you could actually post an ebay link. You just can't do it in the forum.

Please vote in the poll on what Strom(s) you have at http://www.stromtrooper.com/informat...-you-have.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Does anyone know a way to create an "air speed" indicator by mounting an anemometer somewhere on the bike or top of the helmet, and connecting the gauge to a digital readout on the dash, perhaps by Bluetooth?

That would give a correct indication of the combination of forward movement and either headwind or tailwind, another essential piece of information.
I sense sarcasm...

I often bite my tongue on this forum because I know that everyone is titled to their own opinion...

I don't mind the sarcasm though as I've grown some thick skin...
Old 11-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywolf View Post
If you guys went to PM, you could actually post an ebay link. You just can't do it in the forum.
I know, and thanks for the reminder...

I'm not too interested anyways as building a new one with Voltars help will be more fun and rewarding...
Old 11-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
I sense sarcasm...
And a keen sense it is.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:21 PM
$tromtrooper

Hey Voltar,

My gear indicator is built and ready for the PIKAXE, just need to schedule a meet and eat somewhere between you and me one of these Saturdays (I'm buying.)

McRuss

PS, I don't need no stinkin' DP LED!

'04 Wee
'09 FJR 1300
Old 11-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Does anyone know a way to create an "air speed" indicator by mounting an anemometer somewhere on the bike or top of the helmet, and connecting the gauge to a digital readout on the dash, perhaps by Bluetooth?
No, but if you mounted a fan and looked at the output voltage you could calculate your air speed velocity it and use the output to charge the battery too!

Actually you can buy what you "want" off the shelf - Digital Wireless Anemometer with Temperature & Humidity - WARD'S Natural Science

What I'm looking for is 360 degree radar, so I can see when cars are creeping up on me and hiding in my blind spot. Not sure whether a phased array of antennas glued around the bike or a small tower mounted to the luggage rack with a spinning antenna on top is the way to go.
2011 Suzuki DL650A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement