Rod, shift gear #25525-27g00 (I NEED ONE) - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 01:04 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default Rod, shift gear #25525-27g00 (I NEED ONE)

This stinking little shifter linkage piece is back ordered and I can't find one anywhere. I am missing PRIME riding time in AZ. Could be a few weeks, or a few months before another one comes available. Anybody happen to have one laying around?

Or would every member of StromTroopers.com call their local bike shop / salvage yard and find me one. I'll offer a REWARD! I miss my bike, this sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Try Bob's Used Motorcycle Parts. Don't call them. You need to go in person. Take the part with you so they can help you out. 1325 E. Elwood
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Stromthusiast!

Thanks. I saw them online and tried to call, but they obviously don't want to be getting phone calls. I can't bring the part with me, it fell off while riding. I will go try and swing in there this weekend.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Can you jury rig something?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Stromthusiast!

My linkage has gotten really sloppy, and I'm thinking that it needs to be upgraded. I had to do this on my BMWs as well. I got some industrial heavy duty rod ends from McMaster-Carr and went from the OEM 6mm stud to an 8mm. It was very easy to do this on the BMWs, but the Wee looks like the rod end is coined onto the lever so I may have to do some drilling and tapping. I need to give it a closer look and come up with a more robust design. I'd also like to get a folding shift lever from vstroma.com but their supplier Studebaker Mfg. wants 1000 piece minimum order. They were hoping to get some this fall but nothing so far.

'95 H-D FXDWG
'06 Honda CRF250X
'04 KTM 450EXC
'97 Honda XR-600R
'04 K1200LT (Sold)
'07 K1200GT (Sold)
'09 Wee-Strom DL-650ABS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement