Remember that time when...? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Default Remember that time when...?

I just got my new-to-me wee and I'm so excited all the time. I made my official introduction in the Strom Sisters forum but I can't contain myself. At work I'll just randomly smile and decide to go peek out the window at it. I have always loved riding but this bike is just so right up my alley that I'm suffering from perma-grin.

I hope yall remember that feeling and I hope I keep it fresh in my own mind. Dang I love my bike.

Is that why everyone spends so much dough on farkles? ha! I'm guilty... had the wee less than 7 days and made some, um, permanent adjustments.

Here we are enjoying day 6 together...hahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 07:10 PM
Stromthusiast!

I know exactly what you mean. I put a picture of it on my desktop at work, and a colleague commented that my eyes kept drifting over to the picture while I was supposed to be talking to him. I assured him that the wee is much more attractive...
Old 11-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Stromthusiast!

The picture of my bike taken as soon as I pulled into the driveway the day I got it is on my computer background at work. It gets referred to often as I talk about it often. It does help to look at it during stressful days at work.

Help the cache along if you can. http://www.stromtrooper.com/north-am...a-revived.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I understand completely- even though I ride to work every day, the commute is never a chore or anything less than sheer joy, thanks to my trusty bike. I find a way to keep it interesting...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default Yes it was a great day!

Whenever I ride I am always amazed I own such a cool bike!
Congratulations and ride safe.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:27 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phog View Post
I understand completely- even though I ride to work every day, the commute is never a chore or anything less than sheer joy, thanks to my trusty bike. I find a way to keep it interesting...
I'm commuting into work thinking "is it legal to be this happy in traffic?" Nah, but I am the only one smiling as we all rush & scramble to each red light up ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by postbeemer View Post
Whenever I ride I am always amazed I own such a cool bike!
Congratulations and ride safe.
Yep, I'm getting that "whoah I have good taste in motorcycles" as I zip around. It's fantastic. Glad that part will continue to last.

The one thing I would really love is a way to drink a cup of coffee. That's what's missing from my commute. Who here is an engineer (engiNERD) and can hook that up? New farkle alert.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:58 AM
$tromtrooper

I've put something like 73K mi on mine and I still love it. In fact, I'm going out for a fun spin this afternoon.

09 DL650 ABS

MadStad + stock shield, JCW large topbox, Tuturo chain oiler, Heaterz grips, Suzuki hand guards, GIVI side guards, Aprilia Tuono mirrors, 36l Givi panniers, Richland Rick fork brace, Pipercross Air Filter

http://www.aldntn.bravejournal.com/
Old 11-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

73k? Awesome!

This morning I thought "aw man, I have to take my laptop and extra stuff to work today so I'll have to drive....OH NO WAIT this bike has LUGGAGE!" hahahaha heck YES! Got my laptop & bags & extra work jacket in with no issues.

I still think I might be breaking some law being this happy on my commute.

What's the plus- minus on how many times you go look at your Strom from the window at work? HA.

Last edited by Trailmix44; 11-09-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: misstyppppeee
Old 11-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I know exactly what you mean! I'm just past two weeks with my Wee (my first bike) and I still stop and stare every time I walk past the front window.

Yesterday was a slow day at work, so I said "To heck with this, I'm going for a ride!" (Ah, the benefits of a family business and working from home. )
Old 11-09-2012, 01:53 PM
Stromthusiast!

I have had my Wee for two seasons and I tried to "seriously" think about selling it for a different bike or just buying a second bike and I can't do it. This bike is just too much fun.
I don't have a picture at work, instead I just look out the window being I read daily. I am know as the crazy/hardcore mototrcycle rider who rides in all weather.
All co-workers have put their bikes up for the winter.

Farkles: Aprilia Tuono mirrors / Pat Walsh Design Super Brace / DL1000 Seat / Givi engine guards / RR Peg Lowering Kit / Madstad Bkt w/ OEM or Givi Shield / PL532 & E41nn / SW-Motech CenterStand / EB PC-8 - 2x power outlets - Datel Voltmeter - Stebel Horn with PWD setup - Digital Slim H4-3(9003) Bi-Xenon HID - 1157 LED Brake lights

Shiro Nakama Hachi [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by nobie381; 11-09-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement