looking for a Wee - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Default looking for a Wee

Hi, I don't have one yet. I hope to fix that by Spring . My question is, are there any years I should look out for good or bad. I'll probably be looking at a 4000.00 price range .What can I expect for that price etc. Thank You very much for any input!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 01:42 AM
Stromthusiast!

Probably a ton of threads on that very subject.
In my area $4k will get you an '07 or older most of the time from what I see.
They've been pretty tough from day one so I don't think there are any huge issues to watch out for.
Given a choice I would want an abs model but doubt you will get one for that kind of money.
Otherwise, I think its like any other bike, condition, condition, condition. How was it taken care of?
'11 DL650
'01 HD FXD
'09 HD XR1200
'79 BMW R100
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
Probably a ton of threads on that very subject.
That's a little understated. The search box is your friend.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Stromthusiast!

$4000 should get you a pretty nice strom, especially over the winter. I'd be happy to sell you my 06 with 33k on it for $4k
Old 11-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Stromthusiast!

Hey, Don, I can't believe the coincidence that you are Placerville too and I'm just about to put my '07 up for sale because I recently acquired an ABS-equipped '08. 12K+ miles, clean title...$3800 sound OK?

Also, valve adjustment (not just check) and TB synch have been done, so you won't be facing either expensive (in shop) or time-consuming (by yourself) maintenance soon.

If you want to look at it give me a buzz at 621-0396.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Thanks for the replys. Joe B I 've got to sell a couple of bikes first mabye I'll call ya and pick your brain if you don't mind . I checked the search's and couldn't find ,or I didn't ask the right question .I was wondering are the 04's through the 11's are pretty much the same bike just different colors etc ? I don't know much about the Wee's except everyone who own's one loves them. I learned about this site from KLR.net where a lot of guys have both bikes . I'll be reasearching more , I was just hoping to get a head start from people in the know .Thanks again
Old 11-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Sorry Mike, I called you Joe.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Stromthusiast!

Somewhere on here, maybe in a sticky, there lurks a comparison of the years of the 650. There were a few changes over time if I recall, somewhere they went to dual plug head. I know the 2011 that I have uses a slightly different exhaust that greatly limits aftermarket availability on mine
Overall I think they've been remarkably unchanged over time. When I ride my '11 which has about 4k and my friend's '05 with near 50k they feel very, very similar and I might say he has not been especially gentle on it. The main thing I see is that his shifts more smoothly, mine is a bit notchy and I think its just the difference of the amount of use.
For myself I've had two of them an '04 and this '11. The '04 was delivered with a bad ignition coil. I know it was a problem with a run of them but any you encounter would have been long ago fixed.
I'm certainly not a big expert on these like Greywolf or many others but I've read a lot of what they have written on them. If you think I can be of any help you're welcome to pm me if you wish.
'11 DL650
'01 HD FXD
'09 HD XR1200
'79 BMW R100
Old 11-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonAnderson View Post
Sorry Mike, I called you Joe.
I bet he's been called worse.
Sorry, in my post I thought you might have been addressing me. Still welcome to ask any questions if you wish even though I don't have a bike to sell you.
'11 DL650
'01 HD FXD
'09 HD XR1200
'79 BMW R100
Old 11-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default Annual changes

Suzuki V-Strom 650 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ex-'05 SV650S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement