1 day, 750 miles Saddlemen Adventure Track eval... - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 02:22 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default 1 day, 750 miles Saddlemen Adventure Track eval...

Ordered the Saddlemen Adventure Track seat from Power Sport Junkie Dirtbike Parts, Side By Side Parts, Harley Parts, Sport Bike Parts. . OTD $337.00. Seat arrived via FedEx in 5 days ( god bless Saturday delivery !).

Initial impression was that the seat is very well made using quite sturdy fasteners and quality materials throughtout, a bit odd looking with the "taint channel" in the center though. It also feels a bit heavier then the stock Wee 650 seat.

Installation was a 2 minute affair... simply remove the seat latch from the OEM seat and remount on the Saddlemen. Seat fit perfectly where the old torture rack used to reside.

Not bad thus far, now for the butt test. Sitting on the seat for the first time, I immediately noticed the seat is substantially firmer then the OEM and there was a hollow relief were "my boys" would normally get pulverized. I also appeared to by sitting a tiny bit lower as well.

The next morning I set out from Daytona Beach to Panama City ( about 750 miles round trip) with gas stops/breaks every 200 miles or so. With the stock OEM sest with a Saddlemen Gel Pad I could stand 100-150 miles before the ass bone pain and "numb dink" would set in resutling in squirming and repositioning my self on the seat every few minutes. A very uncomfortable spot that we all surely have been in and pure hell no doubt... With the Adventure Track after finding the right seating spot, no numbness or ass bone pain after 200 miles. Of course I adjusted my seating posture a few times but nothering as painfull as the OEM seat. I even got caught in the rain outside of Tallahassee and yes the channel filled up with water but quickly drained out as well. Needless to say I am quite happy with the purchase.

I had orginally looked at the Corbin seat at the Corbin store in Daytona and the Sargeant in Jacksonville but the "taint channel" was the deciding factor for a off the shelf seat. Russell Day Long was my original chioce but after factoring the intital cost of $555 plus $120 shipping ( which includes the old Wee seat to RDL) and the scarely thought that if the RDL needs adjustments or tailoring its $120 each time for roundtrip shipping, I pulled the trigger on a Adventure Track and am extremely pleased with my purchase.

Good luck everyone !

FWIW : i'm 6'00 and 200lbs, 34 inch inseam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 04:13 PM
$tromtrooper

i just did about a 750 mile trip myself. I headed to the lone star rally in galveston, tx just to see the corbin dealer and sit on a seat. my rear was so friggin sore just getting there, I bought the corbin. I proceeded to return home. the ride should have been only about 400 miles round trip. but I took a hit to the head in iraq and get lost easily. well after unintentionally touring half of south texas I got home. just about the same 750 miles of riding, and no more sore after twice as much riding on the corbin as I was before I got it. I do love a corbin.

DL650A L1 "Sandy"
Solobox Paniers
17/46 520 size chain, Front and rear Sprockets
Rigid Industries 6" E-series light bar
3m Military Green Wrap on order
Oil Filter Adapter HERE'S why
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-04-2012, 04:39 PM
Stromthusiast!

A better link...

Saddlemen ONE-PIECE SOLO SEAT WITH REAR COVER - TECH STYLE from Powersport Junkie

Bob
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement