Handlebar muffs for Vstrom w/ grip protectors? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 04:20 PM
$tromtrooper

Default Handlebar muffs for Vstrom w/ grip protectors?

Well the winter will soon be on us, but some of us are cold weather warriors. In past years, my fingertips FROZE on rides even with my grip heater on full and very thick gloves. I saw on a motorcycle a mitt/muff that fit over the handlebar and you slipped your hand into that keeps the air from blowing across your hands. This would help a LOT! Im trying to find something like this that will fix on my Vstrom with the stock grip protectors on it. Anyone have any suggestions? Tks!

Keep the shiny side up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Moderator++

Ordering Page for "Dual Purpose" are designed for use over hand guards.

Please vote in the poll on what Strom(s) you have at http://www.stromtrooper.com/informat...-you-have.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-03-2012, 05:42 PM
$tromtrooper

At 90$ thats a bit pricy. Any other options?
Old 11-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Stromthusiast!

Looking for the photos now I have them and every thing all to gather was under $30.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Stromthusiast!

This is the best one I have now.

More to be posted later.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:53 PM
$tromtrooper

Those look like they would do the trick! Awaiting the info!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default GB

I invested in Gerbings Jacket, pants , gloves and socks 8 or 9 years ago and can ride in any weather. With a dual thermostat you will never even think about it being too cold out to ride again. Gerbing's Heated Clothing // The World's Warmest Clothing!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:16 PM
$tromtrooper

Try Googling handlebar mitts.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Stromthusiast!

I found the photos for the mitts
Quad Boss ATV mitts ($20.00) and curtain rod grommets($3.00 not 6.99)
I had to open up the part of the mitt that goes over the grip and the guard. Then add some Velcro to close it up again. To get the mirror through I used a 1 inch conduit heated up with a torch to melt through the mitt, back this up with a piece of wood so you donít go through the other side. The two piece curtain rod ring snaps in to place. (I have a lot left over if you cannot find them.)
Do the Velcro first, then remove the mirrors and install the ATV mitts. Place the bike on the center stand and sit on the bike. Place your hands on the grips and move the bars left and right so the mitts find their own natural position. Mark the mirror hole with chalk or tire marker. Remove the mitts and burn the hole.
After a real cold ride I cut some foam to fit around the cables and bars to stop the breeze.
I also sewed up the hand hole a little.
With my $6.00 heated grips I have ridden in temps down to 21*with just thin leather gloves.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Stromthusiast!

Photos woops!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement