Vibranators on my Wee Strom! - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Stromthusiast!

I have them on my KLR650. They've been on there awhile, so I forget how much of a difference they made. I know I felt an improvement, but at this point I'd have to remove them to recall how much. On the thumper every little bit helps. I'm not distracted by vibration on the Vee.

The thing that Ricor makes that really made a difference on the KLR are the Intiminator valve thingies. It still amazes me that something so small and odd seeming could make such a big difference. If I was dissatisfied with the front end on the Vee, I'd look into a set of these. Back in the day, Ricor had a 50% discount on the Intiminators and Vibranators. At full retail, I find them to be pricy farkles if you don't really need them.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Stromthusiast!

WOW! Holy Cow! What more can I say? These things are great! Did a 200 mile trip on Sunday and I tell you what, my hands have never, NOT gone to sleep on a bike going that far until now. No, I am not associated in ANY way to this Company. I will never have another bike that does NOT have these installed. I could not believe the difference they made for me. Great investment and a 10 minute installation on the Wee.
I am telling everyone about these things!

Bob (09 No Vibe at all Wee)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Intiminator valve thingies. It still amazes me that something so small and odd seeming could make such a big difference. If I was dissatisfied with the front end on the Vee, I'd look into a set of these.
The Ricor Intiminator damping valves don't to into the Vee cartridge forks. They are for damping rod forks on the Wee and other bikes with budget forks. (RaceTech Gold Valves upgrade the Vee fork damping, while either Ricor Intiminator or RaceTech emulators...or Traxxion cartridges...upgrade the Wee fork damping.)
Me: Honesty
Interviewer: I think honesty is a great strength
Me: I don't give a ---- what you think.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9ETA View Post
WOW! Holy Cow! What more can I say? These things are great! Did a 200 mile trip on Sunday and I tell you what, my hands have never, NOT gone to sleep on a bike going that far until now. No, I am not associated in ANY way to this Company. I will never have another bike that does NOT have these installed. I could not believe the difference they made for me. Great investment and a 10 minute installation on the Wee.
I am telling everyone about these things!

Bob (09 No Vibe at all Wee)
Did you try them with the hand guards?

It's indicated that they don't fit with the original hand guards and I think it's a pity.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Stromthusiast!

Yes I have the hand guards. The newer models they are selling now fit the Wee with the handguards. They have not updated their website. I love these things!

Bob
Old 11-30-2012, 09:55 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9ETA View Post
Yes I have the hand guards. The newer models they are selling now fit the Wee with the handguards. They have not updated their website. I love these things!

Bob
Good to know!

So I can go ahead buying them.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:51 AM
$tromtrooper

I just bought some 5/8 diameter steel stock and cut off however long it took to fill the rest of each side of my handlebars, and then I epoxied them in. I'm coming from an '83 Yamaha Venture V4 : very smooth & I have definitely felt a fair amount of vibration from my 05 650. We'll hopefully see how this mod does in the next couple of weeks if I can finish installing a bunch of different farkles this weekend.
Doug
Old 11-30-2012, 11:53 AM
$tromtrooper

Motorcycle Consumer News had a good write up on them. That's great that they work so well on a bike as smooth as the wee.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Stromthusiast!

Like I said...I love em'.

Good Luck and let us know your experience. They did take a month to receive them.

Bob 09 Wee
Old 12-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Stromthusiast!

I've had them on my Wee for about 18 months. In fact so long I had forgotten they were there. I don't have vibration issues so they must be working. Unfortunately I still get a numb throttle hand, which is why I originally fitted them; I think it is unrelated to vibration as I get it driving the car sometimes. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.