Stebel Horn install - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtalk View Post
The Pat Walsh kit does work with the old-style SW Motech bar; I have both. I don't yet have a skid plate, but I can't see how that would interfere.
I don't have the SW-Motech bars. Do you mean to say the PWD Kit as I depicted it can co-exist with the SW-Motech bars?

Good to know that, although I'm going with the AltRider crash bars, because crash bars are similar in their position. Also the horn is really tucked inside the fairing, but maybe somebody has AltRider crash bars and PWD Stebel Kit and can confirm that?

2014 Northeast V-Strom Rally! (NEVA 2014), Aug 1-Aug 3, North Adams, MA

Stromputer - A V-Strom Computer and display
2011 DL650 ABS ( "White Pearl")
Stromtrooper Wiki!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfee View Post
Where did you mount the actual horn? I just got a Stebel Air Cannon. My Wee has SWMotech guards and skid pan and I don't see too many spaces for mounting the horn within the various frames, pipes, hoses and motor surfaces. Any suggestions? Thanx
murfee,

I used the Pat Walsh mounting kit. I have Givi crash bars on too so installing it just involved me thinking about angling the mounting setup to get it into place (I didn't want to have to take off the bars just to install the horn and its fit fine. I know others who mounted the horn next to the forks. But I feel there is less sound produced (Not much but enough to bother me). Funny thing is it is probably just the horn... I installed one on my wife's S40 and I think that makes more sound compared to mine.

Farkles: Aprilia Tuono mirrors / Pat Walsh Design Super Brace / DL1000 Seat / Givi engine guards / RR Peg Lowering Kit / Madstad Bkt w/ OEM or Givi Shield / PL532 & E41nn / SW-Motech CenterStand / EB PC-8 - 2x power outlets - Datel Voltmeter - Stebel Horn with PWD setup - Digital Slim H4-3(9003) Bi-Xenon HID - 1157 LED Brake lights

Shiro Nakama Hachi [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMan73 View Post
I don't have the SW-Motech bars. Do you mean to say the PWD Kit as I depicted it can co-exist with the SW-Motech bars?
Yup (let me again emphasize that mine is the old-style bar ... can't comment on the new).

The bracket does have to rotate slightly from its intended position, in order to get the horn to clear the bar. However, the purpose of the extended bracket is to prevent the horn from rotating, and the bar position directly under the horn does that job just fine (if the horn rotates at all, it will be stopped by the bar). All parts clear each other quite adequately, and I did not have to remove the bar to install the horn.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:11 PM
$tromtrooper

Hey Bigman,
I just got my 2011 White Pearl DL650A and like where you put the Stebel horn. Any chance you remember the size of the bolt that went into the side of the engine?

Dave
Old 11-28-2012, 07:16 AM
Stromthusiast!

Exclamation Stebel clone?

Stebel clone for $25, S&H included?

Compact Motorcycle Air Horn with Relay - Black + Silver (12V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Ordered one for my scooter, can't wait to see how it compares to the original I have on the Bandit.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:44 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystrom View Post
Hey Bigman,
I just got my 2011 White Pearl DL650A and like where you put the Stebel horn. Any chance you remember the size of the bolt that went into the side of the engine?

Dave
I bought the PWD Horn Kit. Highly recommended

2014 Northeast V-Strom Rally! (NEVA 2014), Aug 1-Aug 3, North Adams, MA

Stromputer - A V-Strom Computer and display
2011 DL650 ABS ( "White Pearl")
Stromtrooper Wiki!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:26 AM
$tromtrooper

Default Stebel Horn

Quote:
+1 on PWD kit for the Stebel horn. It was ridiculously easy to install, and has worked flawlessly. The horn has saved me more than once.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Stebel clone for $25, S&H included?
Sure looks the same in every detail. Know anything about that website? They have a LOT of stuff.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Sure looks the same in every detail. Know anything about that website? They have a LOT of stuff.
I received it a while ago. I didn't perform any measurements, but the sound quality and loudness are comparable to Stebel. The fit/finish are somewhat less sophisticated, but the price can't be beaten. It will get installed on my wife's scooter and if it turns OK I'll get one for the car as well (my Bandit has had a Stebel for the past 100,000Km and it's still freaking cagers out

BTW, DEalExterme is adictive . I've been buying knicknacks, thingamajigs and whatchamacallits from them for years. Slow but free shipping, fantastic prices for many things from cell phones to faucets. Quick and easy payment with no hidden fees, taxes, brokearge fees packaging fees, etc. - the price you see on the web page is all you pay. Good customer service too - I had no problem returning/replacing some defective items I received.

Last edited by VladStrom; 01-06-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
That's terribly overpriced for what it is, but I guess those who know their relay from their switch won't buy it anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement