Install: Givi E21N & PLR532 Racks - DL650K9 - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 02:55 AM
Stromthusiast!

thanks, very helpful since I am considering similar set-up
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I too wondered about the removal Givi racks and didn't think that I wanted that option and the stationary ones have worked for me and have in the past. One thing about them is you could go with different bags if you wanted to, like Pelicans or Jessie Luggage, or bags of that type where you could just bolt them to the racks, then they would be removal. Nice article.

John
Old 04-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I bought the PLR532 racks and the Givi E36 bags.

I concur, these parts are different but there is not mention of it in the directions......in fact the directions really don't mention much of anything.

The front bracket mounted on the exhaust side....if you get them backwards there will be no space between the bracket and the side fairing.

The front bracket on the shifter side....

Finished product with E36 bags.....

You don't have to relocate the rear turn signals with the PLR532.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Nice bags all around!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[I][SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Gray"]"Drop a gear and disappear."[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/I]
Old 08-22-2013, 05:48 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Hi,

I have a PL532 rack on the wee that I've just bought and need to move the panniers back as these racks position the panniers awkwardly for the gf to get on and off the bike. I was looking at the PLR532 racks as some of the photos that I have seen make it look as though they position a bit further back:

Would someone do me a huge favour who has the quick release rack and measure the distance between these two points for me?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8lhts1qy7j2cyq/DSC_1031.jpg

I Should be able to compare it with the distances with my current rack then I was thinking that this simple difference in mounting position could account for why some people are saying the givi boxes interfere badly with the pillions legs/feet and others say its fine?

Steve
Old 08-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Wess23

A- Center of bracket to center of latch strike is 5 1/2"

B- Center of rear foot peg mount to center of stand off is 11 3/8
Old 08-23-2013, 11:21 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default Racks

Thanks for the great write up especially for those of us that can't imagine what it will look like finished. This has helped me make some choices on which direction I want to go with the luggage. Now to find the bike.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:19 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xadventure67 View Post
Thanks for the great write up especially for those of us that can't imagine what it will look like finished. This has helped me make some choices on which direction I want to go with the luggage. Now to find the bike.
I'm glad this was of help to you.I enjoy doing these types of posts especially when it helps people.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[I][SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Gray"]"Drop a gear and disappear."[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/I]
Old 08-24-2013, 07:37 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wess23 View Post
A- Center of bracket to center of latch strike is 5 1/2"

B- Center of rear foot peg mount to center of stand off is 11 3/8
Awesome thank you!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 08-24-2013, 08:01 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

It seems like they do indeed fit further back from the standard rack. I measure 4.2 inches on mine along A and 10.5 inhes along B. I have ordered the PLR racks anyway to have a look. I will post up my findings as this can make a big difference to pillions on the 650.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement