WeeStrom offroad. Lets see your pics! - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011

DL650 and DL650A - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Default WeeStrom offroad. Lets see your pics!

Hey guys. I just want to see your bikes offroad, dirt road, gravel road, dirty bikes, you get the picture.

I just got mine with hopes and aspirations of turning it into a true "Dual Sprt Adventure Motorcycle."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Taken on a remote trail/hill in the UP of MI last September.

I shoulda taken a pic this past spring after I somewhat burried my wee on a boggy/swamp road. Luckily my skid plate kept it "floating" enough for me to push it out under power. :P
Old 08-01-2006, 08:13 PM
$tromtrooper

This a road(yes, its on a roadmap) that goes over "the ridge" just northeast of Derry, PA.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongebob218
This a road(yes, its on a roadmap) that goes over "the ridge" just northeast of Derry, PA.
I know of a "road" that dissappears into a cow pasture, then into the woods, and magically crosses a bayou.... eh a slow flowing stream.... i stopped at the electric fence...
Old 08-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Fair Dinkum mate they look like fun roads , go have some fun on them .
Old 08-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

This pic is the entrance to some trails in the woods behind my neighborhood:

These pics are from last summer, when a buddy of mine on his BMW 1150GS and I rode from Orlando down to Bull Creek, a wilderness preservation area near St. Cloud with off-road trails. We had gotten a lot of rain the week before, the swamps were high and some of the trails were cut by streams. We crossed 3 or 4 streams that were footpeg deep before we reached a place about 7 or 8 miles in where the road was completely washed out:

We waded out and the water was knee-deep, and we couldn't tell where the road was exactly. If we were in the middle of Kazakhstan on bikes given to us by the manufacturer and being followed by a documentary cameraman, we'd go for it; but we turned back. The road was submerged for at least a hundred yards before we lost it in the trees, and we could hear someone in a truck trying to come towards us from the other side and it sounded like he was struggling.

Sorry about the quality of the pictures. I didn't bring my camera, I snapped them with my cell phone and the lens was extremely dirty.

It's not an adventure unless you need a tent, a passport, and a leather glove for your shooting hand.
'05 DL650
Old 08-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default West Texas

I did some rough terrain in West Texas a couple weeks ago. Where the going got pretty rough I didn't stop to take a photo, ie. heavy erosion, soft sand, etc. But, here are some snaps from where I stopped along the way that had decent surface for a kickstand, and nice view.

My rear tire (stock TW) was at the end of it's life and basically bald (just ordered a Tourance to try out), but after letting both tires down to about 20psi... I didn't have any problems. I thought my Pat Walsh skid plate and oil cooler guard was taking a real beating, but after I checked later... it appears the SW Motech center stand was the only thing getting bashed.

Had a little trouble in soft, fine sand that was kinda deep... and could have used a little lower gearing... but, I'm guessing a fresh tire that's more dirt oriented would have preformed just fine.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

cool pics skiphunt!

we don't get scenery like that round these parts. envious.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Beautiful pictures!
1994 H-D FXR
Old 08-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Some nice pics yall. I'm sure that there are more on this site eh???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.