StromTrooper banner

clean exhaust pipe

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  madstrom 
#1 ·
Hi, just bought a 2009 650, great bike but how do you clean that brass color exhaust?

#4 ·
Try scrubbing it with a wad of wet aluminum foil. It's stainless steel, and it gets that color from the heat and the crud that gets on it.

#5 ·
Whatever you do, don't use steel wool on it. Little bits will break off and rust, chemically altering the stainless properties of the pipe and allowing it to rust. It isn't a chromed pipe on a cruiser. It's an adventure bike. Let it change color. Polish it before you sell it.

#7 ·
clean!!

As my friend told me on my first trip to Sturgis way back in 1990 as he saw me wipe some dirt off at a stop."We leave the pretty bikes at home!":grin2:I did clean some of my bikes like my Harleys and sport bikes but this on/off stuff just looks right dirty IMO...Plus at 71 next month I dont care!Does look like some good tips given and have used some in the past when I did care.
1984 first year soft tail in 1990,I was 44

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.