Trax bags and cornering clearance - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums  

Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 - 2012+

DL650 - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default Trax bags and cornering clearance

Hello from a new member.

Any problems with Trax bags on the ADV and cornering clearance?
Some of the pics and videos looks like they are close.

After a long line of sport and a few adv bikes I am ready for the the upright seating and versatility of another adv bike, but I ride hard in the twisty bits.
Love the looks of the Trax bags over all the rest but clearance is a concern.

I sat on all the new adv bikes at the motorcycle show and the new dl650 felt the best, narrow and the lower weight is apparent lifting off the side stand.
To me it is the hands down winner, does not have all the trick parts of the Euro bikes but all that can be fixed if needed. OTOH try to remove 90 or more pounds from the other offerings.

Last edited by todd900ss; 11-17-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default Dragging

Havent had the fortune, mis or otherwise to touch my boxes to the ground. This said, anytime I have the boxes on, so is the missus. I dont think clearence should be an issue.
If no one can see us while we ride???? Maybe we should not get tickets when we speed!!!???
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Stromthusiast!

I touched down a Givi keyless about 3 months ago. Those are like 41L.

If I'm rideing spirited I go with my e21s. Much less chance of touching.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

" I like my Motorcycle's Loud and my Firearms Quiet." -Me
Old 11-17-2012, 11:41 PM
Stromthusiast!

I've never touched my adventure's bags to the ground. The feeler pegs on the footpegs are extended on the adventure so there's definitely a difference in clearance, but scraping pegs even then is rare for me.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Stromthusiast!

Zero issues here. I've scraped pegs and my boot when it was sticking my foot out a bit wide, but never been worried about scraping a bag in a corner.

In parking lot squeezing between cars, that's another story.

Designed for outdoor use
Old 11-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Stromthusiast!

I've shaved a nice little piece off of each bag. I also ride sport bikes and live where the roads are tight and twisty. I don't use the bags if I'm not going on a on trip and the bike is great. With them on, you'll have to back off a bit compared to your sport bike style of riding. I'm planning on some more off-road biased tires soon for the V and that should help to slow me down a bit in the corners.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I've never had a problem with my boxes. Then again, my 2012 DL650 is my first motorcycle ever and I've only been riding 6 months. (So I'm a bit cautious in my riding.).
Old 11-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 dogs View Post
I've shaved a nice little piece off of each bag. I also ride sport bikes and live where the roads are tight and twisty. I don't use the bags if I'm not going on a on trip and the bike is great. With them on, you'll have to back off a bit compared to your sport bike style of riding. I'm planning on some more off-road biased tires soon for the V and that should help to slow me down a bit in the corners.
You mind me asking how much weigh?

Thanks all.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:51 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I have not scraped my side cases yet, but on my last ride, the rider following me told me that I was getting very close to touching my cases down in the turns, I did not think we were riding that aggressive at the time..
I am still learning what I can and can't do on my new V-Strom, so I feel very lucky that someone pointed this out to me before something bad happened.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:14 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd900ss View Post
You mind me asking how much weigh?

Thanks all.
200lbs without riding gear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement