Seat concepts 2012 kit - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums  

Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 - 2012+

DL650 - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default Seat concepts 2012 kit

I just received an email from seat concepts stating the new 2012 DL650 seat kit is ready. They have some options that appear to be at no extra cost. I am considering the carbon fiber with orange stitching. Seat Concepts - Products
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Have you used this seat or brand before?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I have a Seat Concepts saddle on my Husky & it is very good.
Will be looking at one for the Strom.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:18 AM
Stromthusiast!

as usual their website will not load at work. How much is their seat? What is the lead time? Do you send in your seat pan or buy their seat complete off the shelf.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
as usual their website will not load at work. How much is their seat? What is the lead time? Do you send in your seat pan or buy their seat complete off the shelf.
You have to send them the pan unless you want to cover it yourself. Price is $169.99

Important Information:
This purchase is only for the COVER and FOAM. It DOES NOT include the pan.

We'll install it for you:
If you want us to install the cover on your seat pan for you, please ship your seat pan to us after you make your purchase. You will also need to select the 'Misc' Category on the Category Menu on the left, then click on 'Seat Installation' and add that to your cart before you checkout. The charge is $20.00 for us to install the cover on your seat pan for you.

2012 DL650 - Havin' a blast!
2006 Suzuki VStar 1100 - To low to the ground, got tired of dragging the boards.
2009 BMW K1200GT - Couldn't do the high prices for EVERYTHING
2008 Yamaha FZ1 - Had to give up the sport bike style
2004 Suzuki SV650S - Outgrew it
2006 HD XL1200C - Tried but couldn't do the HD thing
Old 11-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

So they want $170 to recover your seat pan? How is the seat any different from stock? Looks pretty much the same to me...
Old 11-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
So they want $170 to recover your seat pan? How is the seat any different from stock? Looks pretty much the same to me...
I personally have not used it before but have spoke to other riders that love them and hated the stocker. I did try the "spencer" mod but it only gave me a slight improvement. I would not characterize this as a $170 recover. It is all new molded foam with a new cover which is effectively a different seat.

As far as what is different from stock, SC says the following:

Details:
This redesigned shape offers better comfort and support. The new shape also addresses the slope into the tank issue that the stock seat has. The passenger seating area is built up at the front to help the sliding effect into the main rider.

I will probably cover it myself or work with a local upholsterer to save time and $ shipping my pan.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Stromthusiast!

A FEW YEARS BACK ON MY z1000, I TOok the stock pan and removed all the foam and cover. i then glued on minicell foam and rode it. i would add foam, cut, shape, sand, add foam, cut,shape, sand until i had what was perfect. i could and did ride that seat all day long. the foam cost me less than $20. so i guess their 'kit' could work. mine did
Old 11-08-2012, 10:41 AM
$tromtrooper

My seat is all cracked and I would have been interested in this product except for the fact it takes away from the rider area and adds to the passenger area....

cheers!
Old 11-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Stromthusiast!

I had a little KLX250s and was active on that forum. A lot of that crew bought The seat concepts seats and were very happy with the quality and service of the company. This was this year as well.

AdventureTech Peg Lowering Kit and Fork Brace - Suzuki Tall Seat - Pivot Pegz III - Touratech skid plate - Protaper Contour KX High / Protaper riser-adapter - Cogent Dynamics DDC emulator / 0.8 springs

2011 TW200

2007 DL650a SOLD

2006 Ninja 500r SOLD

2006 KLX250s SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement