StromTrooper banner

Mirror Extenders or Aprilla Tuono ....

Mirror Extender vs Aprilla Tuono Mirrors?

14K views 46 replies 28 participants last post by  VstromGrin 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking to allow a view that does not include my shoulders and arms. After a review of the 2012+ forum section seems many folks pick the Aprilla Tuono Mirrors and / or Adventure Tech Mirror Extenders. (BTW Shoulder width is about 21" and I am 6'3" tall big frame and chest)

So vote for what you have or like.

Thanks

UPDATE

Installed the Adventure Tech Mirror Extenders, using the OEM Dl650a mirrors. (Have the Ram Ball option on mine)
note: I had to loosen/not remove the Givi screen to install them.
5 minute ride shows how great they increased the rear view.
Will post again with comments once I put some time with them.

#7 ·
Mirror extenders for a wider view and reduced buffetting. Aprilia mirrors for reduced buffetting.

#13 ·
I went the cheap route, bought my extenders and emgo mirrors off eBay. I like the angled arms of the extenders I got. Its been a while now, but I think it was about $45 for the combo. I got the Mark II or III or whatever they are called for $24.95 shipped.

I'm happy with the set up, slightly smoother air. Mainly, I did it for the rear view. With spot mirrors stuck on there I have no blind spots anymore.

#14 ·
I have both the Aprilla Mirrors and the Mirror extenders.

I bought the Aprilla Mirrors because I broke one of my stock mirrors.
I bought the extenders because I didn't know if the Aprilla mirrors were positioned wider than stock. I also wanted the RAM accessory mounts.

I put them on at the same time, so I haven't used one or the other independently.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-2012/167649-time-new-mirrors.html

#17 ·
Ordered Mirror Extenders with Ram Balls

UPDATE

Thanks .. today I ordered the Adv Tech Mirror Extenders with Ram Balls.

FUTURE NEEDS?

As my shoulders are about 23 " wide and elbows while riding are about 29"
I may also buy the Aprilla Tuono Mirrors.

I assume the following part numbers posted by others are correct..

AP8104921

AP8104922

Any suggestions on who to buy online from?

#24 ·
It is hard to believe that almost 80% of the owners do a mirror extender, or Aprilia Tuono mirrors or a combination.
That means only 20% keep the original mirros on its V Strom. Is it for real or people are shy to tell what they do and don't answer the question?:confused:

#25 · (Edited)
The folks taking the survey who only used extenders would be using the OEM mirrors. I would guess only a small percentage of Strom owners actually change their mirrors. Given the title of the thread, very few people who haven't installed extenders or after-market mirrors would bother even clicking on it (unless they were thinking about getting extenders or mirrors). I know I probably would have skipped right over it if I didn't have extenders. Another guess, but I would think only a small percentage of Strom owners are regulars on this forum.

I have extenders and have ordered the Aprilia mirrors.

#28 ·
I bought two separate sets off ebay, the first wasn't adjustable, it tightened down and the mirror pointed in whatever direction it happened to be facing, the stalk didn't turn. I returned those with just minor hassle and had to eat the shipping both ways.

The next set I ordered came from a different seller but ended up being the same guy ZOU XIN just with a different name, the threads were boogered when I got it, the return process was a giant hassle, first he offered to refund me a couple bucks, I said no, I want new mirrors. Then he offered to refund me half the cost, I again said I had no use for one mirror I needed new mirrors. Then he finally refunded me the total but wouldn't pay for return shipping. After many emails and much bitching, I finally got the return shipping covered but he wouldn't replace them (only refund) and they wouldn't refund my original shipping despite the issue being their problem.

At this point I gave up on cheap ebay mirrors and bought a set here:

Aprilia Tuono Mirrors : fits all KTM

Shipping was fast, parts were noticeably better quality than the ebay ones, and I wished I had done that from the beginning. You get what you pay for.

#30 ·
Looking to allow a view that does not include my shoulders and arms. After a review of the 2012+ forum section seems many folks pick the Aprilla Tuono Mirrors and / or Adventure Tech Mirror Extenders.

So vote for what you have or like.

Thanks
Sorry Harry, the people who are after you won't show up in the mirrors.

#38 ·
got my aprilla mirrors from moto science today, DAMN they ship fast!!! i got a shipping confirm like 20 min after I paid, I think that was Friday night. Got them 12pm today (Monday) they are in CA I am in NJ! 2-day priority ftw!

They were extremely well packaged as others have said.

They look nice! Excited to get them on my bike.

#39 ·
Same here, I ordered them a while ago and they came super fast, wrapped in plenty of bubble wrap.
Just got around to installing them a week ago and then went on a 3-day trip over Easter. What an improvement over the stock mirrors, I can see around my shoulders now, and the buffeting is worlds better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.