Handguards for the DL650A - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums  

Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 - 2012+

DL650 - 2012+ DL 650 2012 +

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 10:29 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Default Handguards for the DL650A

Just bought a 2012 Adventure. Can anyone recommend a handguard that works best on the handlebars? Thanks everyone, and this is my first post, just joined the group today
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Stromthusiast!

Welcome.

/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:59 AM
$tromtrooper

Default Barkbusters

for sure. Protects you levers in case of a drop (it will happen), good fit and lessens the wind off your hands if you get the Storms.
Bestem Top box, OEM Ctr Stand, Stebel horn
fly rod tube,

Sh*t, might as well.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Stromthusiast!

OEM Suzuki or Barkbusters.

Designed for outdoor use
Old 07-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Stromthusiast!

I put the Suzuki parts on mine. I don't need ultimate protection as I do not plan to take the bike off road very much. Also the price was reasonable and I knew everything would fit like it was supposed to. Also I had them on my DL1000 and they worked well for keeping bugs/rain/cold off my hands.

Installation was a bit more complicated than I expected, though.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

G2 Ergonomins competition style

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

[B]2012 DL650A[/B] w/ Givi Crash Bars + AF3101, Touratech Skid Plate, EB Headlight Relays, AdventureTech Mirror Ext + Peg Lowering Kit + Fork Brace, Signal Dynamics Back Off XP, Lowering Links, Handlebar Risers, G2 Ergonomics Handguards and Plastics, Omni-Cruise, Radiator Guard, Garage Door Opener, TomTom GPS Charging Port, Dan Vessel Soft Luggage Stand-Off, Nelson-Rigg CL850's
Old 07-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I put on the Suzuki from here:

Suzuki Genuine Accessories Hand Guards - Black | MotoSport Welcome!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Stromthusiast!

I originally had the OEM handguards, but I switched to the Barkbusters after they finally got the fit right. A lot of folks had major problems with the Barkbusters not fitting right when Twisted Throttle and Barkbusters were recommending a different model for the 2012+ Wee. They have since changed the recommended model, and I can attest to the fact that the current TT recommended Barkbusters fit the 2012+ very well.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:15 AM
$tromtrooper

Default Agree

Barkbusters now fit perfectly. And you will drop the bike, usually in the garage or driveway and it would suck to cancel a trip because you have a busted lever. The OEM guards are plastic and provide 0 protection.
Bestem Top box, OEM Ctr Stand, Stebel horn
fly rod tube,

Sh*t, might as well.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:05 AM
$tromtrooper

The OEM Suzuki Guards offer wind protection......about $60 +/-.
The Barkbusters offer the same........plus busted knuckle/lever/handlebar controls protection.......about $155 +/-.

What do you want to use the guards for??........and how much $$$ are you able to spend??
2014 Vstrom East Gathering......http://www.stromtrooper.com/events/1...18-2014-a.html ...or here..... http://2014easterngathering.weebly.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
handguards