mirrors??? - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums  

Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 - 2004 to 2011

DL650 - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Default mirrors???

I mentioned that I purchased a 2011 V Stom 650 with slight collision damage, ect, well the RH mirror was broken off , so I had to purchase the half clamp for the front master cylinder for a new mirror, I rode around a little with the stock LH mirror and ordered the Aprilla Tuono mirrors, I installed them last night and took the bike out for a ride, right off the bat I noticed the small view these mirror have compared to stock, not sure if I will get used to them, has anyone else experienced this and went back to stock mirrors.

Chet
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 08:57 PM
$tromtrooper

I ditched my stock mirrors and went to bar end mirrors and never looked back since. I liked the field of view of what was behind me in the stock mirrors, but they're ugly and made my wind buffeting bad and blocked part of my view on front of me. Now with bar end mirrors I don't have big blind spots in front of me, and the wind flow if silky smooth and have no buffeting problems at all.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I've gone to the Aprilla Tuono mirrors on my 2011. Now that I've switched I found the stock mirrors caused a lot of wind noise and buffeting. They also vibrated at highway speeds making everything nearly impossible to see. The Aprilla mirrors have smoothed out the wind and are steady as a rock at any speed. As for the smaller size, I don't even notice it anymore. I also believe they look nicer on the bike.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Turtle rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassbronco_74 View Post
I ditched my stock mirrors and went to bar end mirrors and never looked back since. I liked the field of view of what was behind me in the stock mirrors, but they're ugly and made my wind buffeting bad and blocked part of my view on front of me. Now with bar end mirrors I don't have big blind spots in front of me, and the wind flow if silky smooth and have no buffeting problems at all.
I just installed the bar end mirrors also and am amazed at the field of view. I still have a smallish blind spot, but nothing like the stock mirrors. I really like these, but I don't think they are for everyone. It does take a few minutes to get used to looking at your hands to find the mirror to see behind, but I really like the look of the bike without the mirror stalk standing up so tall and I was pleasantly surprised how little vibration was transferred to the mirror.
LIMNCS #51
Shiro Nakama Shichi #007
Old 08-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetc View Post
...the Aprilla Tuono mirrors... I noticed the small view these mirror have compared to stock...has anyone else experienced this and went back to stock mirrors?
Yes. There were some Tuono mirrors in the for sale recently and the seller listed this as the reason.

I have them and noticed this as well, but still feel I can see what is behind me well enough. They are smaller, but not enough for me to ditch them. I shoulder check anyway.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
I ditched my stock mirrors and went to bar end mirrors and never looked back since.
Great pun!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 08-27-2012, 03:08 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V Strom, Jr. View Post
Great pun!
Thanks!

It was an accident when I first wrote it, then realized when I proof read it, laughed to myself a little bit.

I'm also a shoulder checker too. Always have been always will be. My mirrors are just for reference to see what is behind me.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:11 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
I ditched my stock mirrors and went to bar end mirrors and never looked back since.
Uhhhh, mirrors are all about looking back, yes?

This message and images are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. http://creativecommons.org
Old 08-29-2012, 02:05 AM
Stromthusiast!

Took me about 2 50+ mile rides to get really comfy with my aprillia mirrors.
Now I love them. I actually get a better view of what is behind me. With the stockers, I saw a lot of my shoulders and arms. I don't with the aprilias.
The wind and head buffeting is 100x better with them too.
And heck, they just look a lot nicer.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:03 PM
$tromtrooper

Default mirrors

Switched to the Aprilla mirrors last year and they were the first thing off the old and onto the new 11 last month. Very satisfied with field of view and less buffeting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement