Your 2012 Dream Wee - Page 3 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums  

Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 - 2004 to 2011

DL650 - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 10:29 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byronw View Post
It is smaller looking though, but maybe that's not a bad thing. ??

I saw a few posts on advrider bemoaning the new "smaller" look. But judging from the number of women and smaller guys eyeing it at the bike shows, I think Suzuki did their homework.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantuckid View Post
For flexibility in the use of electrical "you name its", I suggest installing a Powerlet rather than the SAE plug. It opens up the whole gambit of stuff out there as everything can be used,including a battery charger. SAE plugs are great for things like extending the length of a cord from a jacket,charger or other farkle as small, but not as good as having a receptacle for the power source & feed. They are also better than a cig. lighter receptacle. See Racers Edge, Aerostich or many other dealers for the many Powerlet products.
Now, back to lusting after your new ride...
Thanks, yes I am considering putting a powerlet socket up front. But I couldn't think of anything I actually wanted to plug in up there that I wouldn't prefer to have behind me (heated gear) as I hardwire my Zumo.

I haven't discounted the idea though and will think harder. Maybe mount one on the rearset?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-22-2012, 08:30 PM
$tromtrooper

Congrats on a beautiful ride.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default bike test

2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS | Rider Magazine Road Test

rider mag just did a report on the 2012 wee. The seat is smaller so is the gas tank by 1/2 gallon. the article was somewhat informative.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Stromthusiast!

[quote=Byronw;767230]I just brought mine home from Grants Pass Suzuki this morning.

Congrats on the new ride
LED Auxiliary-Driving Lights
www.MondoMotos.com
Old 01-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byronw View Post
I just brought mine home from Grants Pass Suzuki this morning.

Congrats

Would you tell me if the LCD speedometer can be switched from mph to km/h? and if so, do you know how? Thanks.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingo View Post
Congrats

Would you tell me if the LCD speedometer can be switched from mph to km/h? and if so, do you know how? Thanks.
I read in another thread that you just put the display in odometer mode, and then hit the adjust button on the dash for a couple of seconds.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Default 2012 Accesory socket

G,day guys from Australia, conGrats byronw on you new Wee!! I like the colour you picked! Same as me. I picked up mine the first week in Nov 11 and after 1750 miles and a few small mods it is a superb motorcycle. I fitted a 12 volt switched socket this afternoon, 1.5 hrs and $45, very happy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg panasonic 2012 232.jpg (101.4 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg panasonic 2012 223.jpg (102.1 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg samsung 23th jan 058.jpg (94.3 KB, 55 views)
Old 01-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Stromthusiast!

LCD speedometer can be switched from mph to km/h? Correct. That instrument panel and meter switch on the left does all kinds of cool stuff, worth the new bike right there, almost....

........Nice job on the 12 volt socket. I went the lazy way, my socket is up near the dash, the wiring ends in SAE connector under the seat, so when parked, I connect the battery tender, when underway, I plug in the 12 v socket up by the dash.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Moderator++

A Glee with the same accessories as my Wee would make me happy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
farkles, glee