Installing a Murph's Kits center stand - Page 9 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums  

Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL650 - 2004 to 2011

DL650 - 2004 to 2011 DL 650 up to 2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 09:10 AM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonefisher View Post
Hi all...

Found this thread looking for center stand info...

Last reply back in the spring.

Has this product been more consistant of late?

Any info helpful. Any resent purchasers?

Thanks.
There were quite a few threads going around on this last spring actually...

If you get one that you think is poor quality then you just send it back and they will send you a new one, and everyone on here said the second one was even better.

I got one that wasn't "the best" quality by looking at it, but it works great and is stable as heck...no complaints here especially for the money...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

thanks for the replys.

ill order one

the price seems hard to pass up.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I put one on about 6 months ago. Been very happy with it. Easy to install. Some of the mounting bolts were missing and after an email to Murph they arrived in a few days. Using the shoe lace trick to install the springs worked great. It just fills up with water in the rain. I get a rusty puddle on the garage floor. Time to drill a drain hole... maybe tomorrow..........
Old 11-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgor View Post
I put one on about 6 months ago. Been very happy with it. Easy to install. Some of the mounting bolts were missing and after an email to Murph they arrived in a few days. Using the shoe lace trick to install the springs worked great. It just fills up with water in the rain. I get a rusty puddle on the garage floor. Time to drill a drain hole... maybe tomorrow..........
Not a bad idea. I might take mine off over the winter and do that. I would spary J.P. Weigle framesaver in it after. That is a bicycle frame rust proof spray.

AdventureTech Peg Lowering Kit and Fork Brace - Suzuki Tall Seat - Pivot Pegz III - Touratech skid plate - Protaper Contour KX High / Protaper riser-adapter - Cogent Dynamics DDC emulator / 0.8 springs

2011 TW200

2007 DL650a SOLD

2006 Ninja 500r SOLD

2006 KLX250s SOLD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-01-2012, 10:24 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

are you saying that water gets into the metal and needs to drain out??
Old 11-01-2012, 11:18 PM
$tromtrooper

I had the same issue. I just push the stand down for a few seconds and it drains out no problem
Old 11-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I installed mine tonight with no problem. Nice quality, three days since ordered...that's great service
Old 12-26-2012, 12:10 AM
Stromthusiast!

Default Just installed Suzuki centre stand.

Installing the springs, broke two heavy duty boot laces, then used clothes line piece, it stretched, but did the job.

I could not have done the job without tying the loose end of the clothes line to the spoke of the rear wheel as per the video....thank you.

Suzi now sitting on her stand. I only have m'bikes with center stands or mounting brackets for a stand

Probably the mounting bolts should have some sort of locking device, such as a tab washer.

Graeme Gould at Byron Bay

gg@bb
Old 12-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Default Murph's stand

I installed a Murph's c-stand last summer and it works good. In looking at it at first it is a dead ringer for the OEM, the fabrication is a bit rough but it works great and you can't beat the price. Shipping was fast. Will buy again from Murph.

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
center stand, installation, murphs