StromTrooper banner

Spoked wheel 1000cc vstrom at Intermot.

10K views 31 replies 22 participants last post by  BorisB 
#1 ·
Get your excuses for the other half and your cheque books ready.......

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Still got that damn suitcase of an exhaust. Why do they have to try and 'out ugly' one another

Tom R

#22 ·
Have you noticed how similar the new mufflers are for all the brands of motorcycles?
Evidently, the current EU regulations have a standard that not only requires a max db level but also a minimum volume for mufflers measured in liters. Form follows compliance.

#17 · (Edited)
Don't be so sure about that, they may be using the spoked wheels from the 650XT on the new V, in which case they would not fit on the 14-16 bikes.

What advantage would that provide anyways? Slightly stronger wheels sure, but have you ever cracked or broken a cast wheel? If the bump was strong enough to crack one, would the spoke wheel fair any better? or just get damaged differently.

#10 ·
Was reading the details and "Easy Start" let's it start if the bike is neutral without pulling in the clutch.

..Tom

#13 · (Edited)
I just can't figure out why Suzuki insists on those silver inserts at the front. Why can't they be painted the same color as the tank? That's the bit that simply can't make sense for me. On my 2014 DL1000, I vinyl wrapped them in satin black. They look great now and they make sense. But on 2017 model they extend all the way to the beak and wrapping them in black would give the bike too much "plastic" appearance. Wrapping them in tank colour would be almost impossible to match the color. Only if the bike was all black, I could wrap them in glossy black. White would be wrong match. So, does it mean I'd have to purchase black bike? Maybe painting them to match the tank? I don't know. Then, those inserts have "VStrom" stickers... Too complicated and I will get 2017 model sometime September next year.

#19 ·
Hi

what I am let down with my 2014 now, is not the face lift of the 2017 model but the upgrade in the ABS which now covers cornering and budges in with the rear break if needed in combination if the pressure on the front wheel is excessive
Surely Suzuki you could have put this in the 2014 model and not have us 2-3 yrs later feel outdated..

That is the only feature that buggers me.
The windscreen now is more touring friendly from factory 'setting' ie you do not need to buy the touring screen like with the 2014 one, why Suzuki you did not do it for the 2014 from starters ?

Lastly is the Euro 4, 2014 model could have been Euro 4 as well when competitors where already Euro 4... now we have a 2 yrs old bike that feels already outdated...

Thanks Suzuki... i bought a new bike and 2 yrs later feels old already..

not happy at all.. the new bike at same price is closer to modern standards.. now how to convince the misses for the trade...
impossible... took a long time to get the first one :p

#27 ·
Thanks Suzuki... i bought a new bike and 2 yrs later feels old already..
I have a '14 and I honestly see nothing work upgrading for. Bold new colors and a few electronic tweaks. I already have a Givi screen, so that's no biggie.

The Vee2 is the first bike I've ever owned that just did everything I wanted it to do with very little fuss. It's pretty dang good.

#20 ·
So you want suzuki to bring stuff out 4 years before it is developed? At the Vstrom Price?

#26 ·
Looking at some more photos at Suzuki Global site, I've just discovered that non-XT versions, black and white ones, have grey plastics on the sides of the tank.
I mean, c'mon Suzuki, where did you get so much passion for grey??? They've ditched grey sub-frame and now we have grey tank plastics. The bike again looks like it has parts from the other bike.

#31 ·
They also forgot the USD forks and brakes from the 1000 to be added to the 650 as well.....until they do that I won't be getting another 650 no matter the face lift. It's a damn shame really.....real stupid Suzuki...stupid.

#32 ·
I did a fade over image of a 2014 and 2017 and it really looks like all the changes are cosmetic. The brake rotors look like they are identical. IF the hubs and rotors are the same size and interchangeable, I would really like to get a set of the spoked rims and put some knobbies on them. That way I can keep the cast wheels for general street riding and swap out to the spoked wheels for dirt/desert riding. It may be a bit more expensive, but it's certainly a lot easier than swapping tires every time.

Cheers,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.