2014 DL1000 (Cycle World) ... U like? - Page 5 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000A - 2014+

DL1000A - 2014+ The beak-strom?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywolf View Post
There is no reason for a fork brace on a USD fork. The design itself makes for a better relationship between the two sides.
I doubt if it would be much good anyway as the leverage / angle would be quite small compated to rwu forks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Default I'm a believer like Onan...

What makes the V-Strom great is that's it's a V-Strom and being unique is what I bought them. Yes I said "Them", first a 2009 Wee then 6 months later I bought a 2009 Vee... Changing the look does not make a better V-Strom!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

The headlight is as revolting as the one they copied from the R1200ST. A great bike but that headlight takes most of the blame for the ST's demise.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrojake View Post
I rather like this rendition except for a little too much black plastic around the tank.

I'm not a fan of the beak look and I prefer the older headlight setup over the new single one, plus I suspect it also throws out more light.

The upgraded forks and brakes are hugely welcome!!! I'd love to bolt that front end on my Vee.

I agree the Vee's brakes feel about as old as their design compared to more modern bikes, same goes for the suspension. Anybody who's test ridden some of the latest offerings will understand.
95 KTM MXC300
Old 01-03-2013, 02:38 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by danketchpel View Post
...The upgraded forks and brakes are hugely welcome!!! I'd love to bolt that front end on my Vee.

I agree the Vee's brakes feel about as old as their design compared to more modern bikes, same goes for the suspension. Anybody who's test ridden some of the latest offerings will understand.
I wouldn't get too excited about the suspension and brakes just yet. A design may be good in theory, but if the implementation is crap it doesn't mean much.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Stromthusiast!

Aside from Suzuki going with just a single headlight, I really llike the new look though, in truth, not enough to part with my 2007 Vee to get one even if I were in the market.
2002 Honda Goldwing
"Ride South, Ride Often"
Old 01-03-2013, 10:26 PM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by danketchpel View Post
I rather like this rendition except for a little too much black plastic around the tank.
I'm not a fan of the beak look and I prefer the older headlight setup over the new single one, plus I suspect it also throws out more light.

The upgraded forks and brakes are hugely welcome!!! I'd love to bolt that front end on my Vee.
You have the perfect idea danket.
I'll buy the new Vee and then hang it's entire front fork, triple tree, and ABS assembly on my old K6.
...and live happily ever after.

Good call!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:48 PM
$tromtrooper

I like the newly designbed Vee. I really like that many folks will upgrade to the newer model and that I'll be able to get a very decent deal on a "new to me" bike.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:43 AM
Stromthusiast!

Keeping my 09 Wee for now, but if I were moving to a bigger bike I would probably go for a Super Tenere before buying this new Vee, based on this picture.

I don't blame Suzuki for playing the copycat game with the styling - what they are showing here is similar to several other adventure-tourer type bikes already on the market. But it seems the Yamaha is more of a natural upgrade of the original V-Strom concept then this new V-Strom, which looks more like a Multistrada.

Of course, I did not buy my 09 Wee based on looks, and if the new Vee rides, brakes, and handles as well or better than the Yamaha, and others, for less money, I could consider it and could get used to the styling.

Craig

Last edited by csf; 01-04-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Stromthusiast!

I might consider one if Suzuki's ironed out all the engine runability issues. I'd hate to spend all that money on something, only to have to turn around and invest nearly a grand more to make it run the way it should have right out of the box. But I like the looks. Even the beak.

I also really like the Super 10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement