2014 DL1000 (Cycle World) ... U like? - Page 3 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000A - 2014+

DL1000A - 2014+ The beak-strom?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 05:20 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks C View Post
While I don't get excited one way or another over the looks; "the proof IS in the pudding".

But one of things I like best about both the 650 and 1000 is the amount of light that it puts out when your riding at night. One low beam and one high beam completely destroys that benefit.

It has all the earmarks of a publicity ploy that allows Suzuki to use the same anemic charging system and at the same time claim: "now with 55 - 60 more watts available for use".

That could just be the cynic in me though.
I see this argument in every thread about this bike. Isn't it possible that a one-beam light can have an equal (or even better) output than a two-beam light that was designed over a decade ago?

Givi crash bars; SWMotech centre stand; LeoVince Evo II slip-ons; Rich's fork brace, farkle dash, mirror extenders, gps dash, and wheel spacers, and (soon to be fitted) footpeg lowering; narcosis junkie's skid plate, highway pegs and (soon to be mounted) raising links.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Stromthusiast!

Old 10-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Stromthusiast!

Now, that's a step in the right direction. I'm all for it, and I'm sure it would look like a beast with some crash bars.

The only drawback that jumped out is that narrower front looks like it's going to take away a bit of weather protection, BUT that doesn't bother me THAT much.

I'm diggin it!

2007 DL-650
1996 H-D Road King
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I like it. It's about time they made the changes.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:43 AM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrojake View Post
LngRidr, You are not alone with that opinion.
Here is the link to a more detailed discussion in the DL1000 section of the forum...
http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl-1000-...1000-whoa.html

And my own 2 cents worth from that thread:
I kind of like it and would certainly consider one.
I'd love a Multistrada part parting with 30k plus for a weekend toy is a bit hard to swallow.

You know there'e a choice of beaks. Albatross, Toucan and Pelican.
If you pay a little extra, they'll do a Jimmy Durante as well.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:17 AM
Stromthusiast!

Default Hopefully

Hopefully the gold forks represent titanium nitride coating for abrasion resistance. Never a fan of the beak front ends. I think part of the lighting advantage of the current models is the two lights beside each other, giving a bit more dimensionality to objects seen. The color combination shown is god-awful, of course, but presumably there will be others. The USD forks are nothing more than an affectation if they haven't banished the frame gremlins. And I wonder if they've put a useable seat on the new one. I too will await rider reviews before judgment is made. But my current Vee is paid for, suitable dinged (no worries for off-roading), and perfectly enjoyable to ride (seat has been fixed) so I'm in no hurry to replace it.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

like it tidier panniers are good the suzuki ones that came with my vee are way too wide i love my twin under seat cans dont like the single can not too bad apart from that
Old 11-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Default visual brand language

This mod represents a huge shift in the vbl of the suzuki DL series- I think this bike's designers have been looking at a lot of BMW and KTM pics as they developed it. It still looks cool, but definitely leaves the look of the traditional v-strom behind.

Maddog81
Old 11-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Stromthusiast!

Can you still install a fork brace on the upside down forks? I like the new look, but the mud guard (i.e. "beak") could be shorter and less intrusive.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:46 PM
$tromtrooper

Call me late to the party but I just stumbled across this article on the new 2013 (reincarnation?) of the DL1000.
Perhaps all hope is not lost, especially if the "pecker-head" version is not in production yet.

Here is the link for wishful thinkers...
Latest Foresight 2013 - Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom | Latest Bikes News

Proof that there once was hope for the 2013 Vee. Well yeah, we're stuck with the Pecker-Head version of the bike but hell, I can dream can't I?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement