StromTrooper banner

Center Stand (Suzuki)

6K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  stefman722 
#1 · (Edited)
I ordered the Suzuki center stand after reading on this forum and few others that it was a quality farkle. The center stand arrived at my dealer within two days of my order and they asked me a few times to let them install it. Of course they wanted to bill me an hour labor to install it, so I kindly said No.

I got the box to the house unboxed it and there were 4 bags in with the center stand.

1 - Left side bracket
1 - Right side bracket
1 - Hardware, Springs and Rubber Bump Stop
1 - Center stand

The install was ridiculously easy. The bike has a bracket on each side behind the riders pegs. It was 2 bolts on the left and 2 bolts on the right through each of the additional mounting brackets supplied with the kit.

Then all you had to do was put grease on the spacers/bearings that mount inside the center stand ends. Install the spacers/bearings into their slots and then slide the center stand up on the inside the just installed brackets. 1 more bolt on each side and torque to specs.

The most difficult part of the install was trying to work in the bump stop. I started with WD40 on the spiked end, but ended up using some grease on the pointed end to finally get it to recess into the bracket.

The last item was to put on with the springs which again were really easy to install with a screw driver and all was right.

See less See more
#3 ·
I just installed my center stand yesterday. Pretty simple job overall. That little rubber bumper was a workout. I would suggest installing that bumper on the workbench instead of trying to install it on the bike. The springs were pretty tough as well. After being frustrated trying to lengthen that spring with a pliers, I finally threw in the towel and watched a video. Had it on in a few minutes after that.

This is a DIY job for sure.

#5 ·
The instructions show a single spring on each side of the center stand. The springs are reversed or opposite on each side.

On my KLR and a few other bikes, I have seen the twin springs on only one side of the center stand. That is not the case on the Suzuki Center Stand.

#7 ·
I used a brake tool to coax the springs into place. I am pleased with how sturdy the OEM center stand is, and surprised at how easy it pops up on it, comparing it to the Happy Trails stand on my 650.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.