StromTrooper banner

Yosh Slip on

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Mr. Black 
#1 ·
I have a question for those of you that are running the Yosh slip on on the '14. Do you notice any "drone" sound at hwy cruising speeds? Do your riding buddies talk about if it is unpleasantly loud following you? any difference in how smooth the bike runs?
Thanks
Mike

#2 ·
I wouldn't call it a drone sound, more like a quiet rumble. No change in smoothness here. When accelerating rapidly at cruising speed, the rumble most certainly increases, especially after down shifting, I like it and have had no complaints from those behind. If you're concerned about noise, leave the baffle in, mine is out.

#7 ·
I had an odd thing once with a Two Bros on my Bandit 1200. A buzz in my helmet I could not get rid of. Put DB reducer in and it was still there. Tried a different helmet and still there. Besides 2 Bros being louder than most I have no idea what it was. Reverted to stock cause I could not take it anymore.

#11 ·
I've never repacked a street bike muffler in my life. YMMV

One thing to remember is that the Vee2 has a cat on it which is going a long way to help keep the bike quiet vs an older bike that is catless.

#13 ·
No drone here, and I have not seen a change in milage. installed it at 3K and I just clicked over 10K and it sounds like the day I installed it. no plans to repack, but the again plans change. thinking about removing the dB killer but that hasn't happened yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.