StromTrooper banner

Anyone OUTSIDE of the US interested in swapping cowling?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  repsolracer22 
#1 · (Edited)
It appears that the Euro version of the new vstrom has a "1000" logo on the cowling pieces on the tank. Id like to get those for mine instead of the blank ones they sell on the U.S. versions. Anyone out there that has the "1000" logo versions interested in trading?

I have a brand new burgundy vstrom with 200 miles on it. Mint condition.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You might want to consider getting a set of did cut vinvle stickers to apply yourself will be much cheaper in the long run and good shot should be able to take your sdcond picture and one with a ruler along your part to get the scale and make up a set

#4 ·
ill definitely ruin those stickers and mess them up. Ive tried that before on sportbike cowlings. Id rather just bite the bullet and buy the cowling pieces with the decals already on them from Suzuki.

id love to just trade with someone on this site that wants the blank style that I have. But if I cant find someone, then id need someone outside of the US to purchase the cowlings for me from dealer and send them to me. Id obviously pay them through paypal

#5 ·
There is no factory produced cowling you need with the stickers already on.
Every Suzuki dealer I know would put them on for you free of charge if you purchased them there. It's 10 minutes job.

#7 ·
I just called a big Suzuki Dealer here in the U.S. and they ran the number through Suzuki directly, and it comes up as not a valid part number. But when you google it, the part comes right up.... so im sure the part number is good .. but its just unavailable in the U.S.

#8 · (Edited)
I'm in the U.S. I ordered mine off ebay from the U.K. They were fairly easy to put on even with my crash bars installed. They come with this stuff you spray on before applying the stickers so they don't really stick at first. You just slide them around until you have them in place. You have to let the bike sit for at least 24 hours after application though irc.

Just search ebay for 990D0-31J07-PAD . They are still available there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.