StromTrooper banner

Engine missing a lot

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  kraut.burner 
#1 ·
Was at a ducati rally in Nelson this weekend (with my v strom) and on day2 the engine started burping and farting. It idles ok and at slow speeds has no issues but really starts missing at medium speeds(30-80 km/hr). It seems to miss only occasionally at higher speeds (110-130). I ran it like this for about 1000km to get it home and will be taking it in to the dealers ASAP before riding it any more. Any ideas on what the heck is up? the bike has 11000km on it now.

#3 ·
Check that the spark plug connectors are all the way down. Add some HEET or other product to remove water from the gas; dose according to the label instructions.

#4 ·
Dropped it off to the dealer this morning. Will post what the result what the problem was when I get it back.

#6 ·
Got it back from the dealer after they had it 3 days. I am very pleased with my dealership. They provided a detailed write up of everything they did to trouble shoot the problem. In the end it appears that I got some dirty gas in BC. They dumped my gas and cleaned the tank and the filter in the fuel pump. I am on a trip to eastern Canada and just completed 1300 km today with no problem. The dealership didn't charge me anything making them number one in my books.

#10 ·
Every time I see a title to a "problem" thread, I always think to myself "ok, here we go. I knew my V2 was too good to be true.... Someone finally found the one major issue with the bike."

Nope! Only turns out to be bad gas. Glad everything worked out ok for you!

Love my Strom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.