Comparison between Versys 1000 and Vee2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Go Back   Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Popular Forums > DL1000A - 2014+

DL1000A - 2014+ The beak-strom?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Stromthusiast!

Default Comparison between Versys 1000 and Vee2

Moto station Web site (from France) just did a comparison road test between the big Versys and the new Vee. They sell for the exact same price in France.

Kawasaki Versys 1000 vs Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom : Deux visions du gros trail, ? l'euro pr?s - Moto Station

Winner by a very small margin (2pts) is the Versys, even if 1 tester out of the 2 prefered the Vee.

The + of the Versys: better wind protection, better seat, more stabe at high speed, sporty and more powerfull engine (hooligan), better fuel economy, better overall finition

The + of the Vee2: more nimble (less weight), better suspensions, better controls, less vibration, easy to ride, nice torquey engine
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2014, 05:40 PM
$tromtrooper

Interesting,but is it not a moot point as the Versys 1000 is not available in the U.S.?

2014 Northeast V-Strom Rally! (NEVA 2014), Aug 1-Aug 3, North Adams, MA

Fall Peep Show Part Deux (3-5 Oct)
Back by popular demand...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-15-2014, 06:16 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirosyd View Post
Interesting,but is it not a moot point as the Versys 1000 is not available in the U.S.?
Versys 1k is available in Canada. It is an odd bike.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:04 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasttom View Post
Moto station Web site (from France) just did a comparison road test between the big Versys and the new Vee. They sell for the exact same price in France.

Kawasaki Versys 1000 vs Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom : Deux visions du gros trail, ? l'euro pr?s - Moto Station

Winner by a very small margin (2pts) is the Versys, even if 1 tester out of the 2 prefered the Vee.

The + of the Versys: better wind protection, better seat, more stabe at high speed, sporty and more powerfull engine (hooligan), better fuel economy, better overall finition

The + of the Vee2: more nimble (less weight), better suspensions, better controls, less vibration, easy to ride, nice torquey engine
Very informative article when translated by Google Chrome - thanks for posting!

Fer crying out loud what's the sense of posting a dyno chart without giving quarter-mile times? Don't the French people read Car Craft magazine?
Old 01-15-2014, 07:19 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirosyd View Post
What a selfcentered comment...
I know it's a difficult concept to understand for a lot of americans, but there are other countries in the world beside the usa
Old 01-15-2014, 07:24 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
there are other countries in the world beside the usa
nah. that's an urban myth....
10 NT 700
Old 01-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
What a selfcentered comment...
I know it's a difficult concept to understand for a lot of americans, but there are other countries in the world beside the usa
RELAX boys.
03 Yamaha WR290F woods and ice bike
Old 01-15-2014, 07:31 PM
Banned

Good find Thomasttom

All V-Stroms have and will always remain primarily European biased. They have been developed and marketed for the European riders so it stands to reason that it will be compared to what is being offered in that market.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:33 PM
$tromtrooper

That 1000 Versys is one hideous and odd looking bike in my eyes, it honestly does nothing for me. If I wanted better wind protection and better stability at higher speeds, I would have stayed with my C14. And I cannot see how the Versys will get better MPG, must be magic?

2008 WR250R 2006 DL1000 "BRUTUS"

Old 01-15-2014, 07:46 PM
Stromthusiast!

I don't think the Versys has ever had as much publicity as it has right now. I searched for a long time to find a used one and there were none around. The Kawi dealer here was selling them one year old and brand new for $9,999. I think that is a hard bike to sell.

The VStrom on the other hand is smoking hot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement