StromTrooper banner

Show us your 2014-2016 V-Strom 1000

492K views 1K replies 427 participants last post by  Benny 
#1 · (Edited)
They should be showing up soon. Post pics when you get your bike. Please don't post pictures other than your bike and limit discussions to the bikes pictured that people here own.

#3 · (Edited)
After a 57-mile ride home that only needed to be about 20 miles, my 2014 DL1000AL4 "Veek" aka The Crimson Pigeon has arrived home to her new coop:

It would have been a much longer ride home if I hadn't had plenty left to do before the day was out!

Home to roost:

Tires have a decent scrubbing on them now:

Here she is meeting her older/littler sibling:

After some yardwork to spread the mulch that was taking up precious space, this will be my garage situation for the foreseeable future... keeping the Wee around as a second bike since it's still a great bike, and I'll see what farkles transfer to the new one:

The first of many:

The ride home was terrific, covered single-lane rough blacktop, twisties, smooth roads with long fast sweepers, some dirt, gravel and mud, and a nice sprint on the freeway. It's everything I thought it would be and then some, I was grinning the whole way. Coming from a Wee, there were many similarities except for power, lightness, handling and suspension, all of which are better ('specially the power) than my '09 WABS. I'll post first impressions in another thread for that purpose as soon as I can.

EDIT for some of the below questions/comments (since I don't want to post anything but pictures here and leave room for others who will be coming along):
- Chirosyd, yep that is thestock-height seat, I have no idea on the Givi mount, it's possible it may work but I don't know Givi products, but I'll be mounting a CooCase later next week and can tell you how that goes with their 'universal' mount plate. As for the windscreen, I am almost certain it won't make the trip from the old bike, the mounts look very different in regards to spacing. I'd love to transition my MRA Vario but am certain I won't be able to.
-Greywolf, thanks, ad the average MPG started out in the teens when I picked the bike up. So it's been steadily improving, although not helped much by my frequent "torque checks" getting to know the machine. ;)
- Zedex, thanks and I wrote some first impressions that I carefully thought about on the ride home. Hopefully, it'll tide you over, good luck with the wait!

Second Edit - to show Greywolf where those 68-degree temps went. The Crimson Pigeon can only sit and wait things out now.... :D

#4 ·
After a 57-mile ride home that only needed to be about 20 miles, my 2014 DL1000AL4 "Veek" aka The Crimson Pigeon has arrived home to her new coop:

Very nice mate, again congrats :thumbup:

Bike looks great, I see you have the handguards installed.

Can't wait to see more pics, and a good ride report once she's broken in.

Reactions: stormbytes
#5 ·
Stoopy,
Great pictures! Is that the stock height seat? Do you think my Givi v46 top box and givi adjustable windshield from my 2011 Wee may fit the Vee2?

My dealer will be assembling my red Vee2 on Tuesday, and will take possession shortly afterwards.

Btw, are you atttending the N.E.V.A. Trip to the Berkshires of Massachussets? It is not that far from VA, and it would be great to have a Vee2 contingency.:thumbup:

#6 ·
I like the 68F, not so much the 31.2mpg. I'm glad you're having lots of fun, including the name.

#9 ·
New V-Strom is in and working on paper work. Will be picking up Thursday!

FastLane:hurray:
Congrats fast lane. Mine is being put together today, and should have paperwork and deal done by Friday. Personally,I really like the whole look of the bike -even more tan my 2011 Wee. Ride safe with all that torque!

#13 ·
Thanks Guys

Thank you all for your posts. Really looking forward to twisting the throttle on this little beast. I did stop by the dealer later today and it was outside so naturally had to ask them if I could start and feel the torque and listen to her music. Well all was good except it was not very loud. Some muffled rumble but hey, I'm half deaf anyway so for normal people with all their hearing it probably sounds OK. Compared to my Triumph Tiger 1050 with the Arrow Race Exhaust it is just down right quite. Well, we all know how to remedy that don't we! Will probably wait for first couple thousand miles and see what aftermarket exhausts pop up. Have seen the Remus and I think one other on our forum. Thinking Two Brothers will soon have one out too. I remember hearing one of the earlier model V's with Two Brothers installed. You could hear that deep v-twin rumble from half a mile away. Was music to my ears!:mrgreen:

Later

FastLane

#15 ·
This is a picture thread, not a discussion thread. Please limit posts to pictures and comments on the pictures.

#16 ·
I am sure that as more members get the new bike it will turn into a great picture thread. :thumbup:

But, being a new bike there will be forum members who want to congratulate new owners, so there is bound to be discussion of the sort.

Just leave it alone and let it run its own course :yesnod:

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ride & Photos with Woody!

First long ride today on Woody. 200 + miles and some on the BRP. Photos taken at the Peaks of Otter. Will comment later on how much I like the bike. The more I ride the better it gets. One comment I will make, It handles like a dream at speeds that are way past legal:mrgreen: Some reviews say that it handles like it is on a rail and this is true. Very good clearance on the asphalt. Would have been scraping pegs on the tiger but so far no metal touching the asphalt. OK so several comments. It is hard not to get excited when talking about this new ride:yesnod:

Later

FastLane

See post #21 for photos. Sorry about the mixup on my part. GW

Attachments

#20 · (Edited)
I tried it at another site to make sure. It didn't work there.

See http://www.stromtrooper.com/rules-forum-support-help-information-%5Bnot-motorcycle-related-questions%5D/48472-how-do-i-post-pictures-video-faq-howto.html on how to post full images instead of thumbnails. You list an interest in photography so you probably have access to a photo hosting site. You can also click the Community button at the top of the page to create a picture album here, upload photos to it, and post image tags from photos there.

Meanwhile, I uploaded the photos to my hosting site and added them below.

#21 ·
The test comfirmed the problem. Trying again. Here are FastLane's photos.

#22 ·
Outstanding! She's a beaut, Fastlane! Glad you're getting along well with it!

Check out the well-timed ballerina kiss in the background of picture #2. Far from boring indeed, the Vee2 inspires romance wherever it goes! :green_lol:

#26 ·
Nice, well done mate :thumbup:

The Khaki looks great :yesnod:

#29 ·
Finally, some temperatures that agree with riding that allowed the Black Beak to make it's debut...

It's the Canadian SE without the SE as all the add-ons are back ordered.

Check the odometer :thumbup:

I'll post my first impressions when I calm down :hurray:

#33 ·
That's the standard seat. I have a 30" inseam and I can just about get the balls of my feet down at the same time. Must have something to do with weight :biggrinjester:

On the road, just a slight shift prior to stopping easily gets my foot flat on the ground. It's something I learned from riding my friend Mike's 1200 GS.

The bike is superbly balanced. The slightest forward motion and it's feet up.

#32 ·
Personal Accessories!

OK, here we go again with pictures. Hope this works. Attaching photos of Powerlet Socket I installed earlier in the week so I can charge battery and use heated gear when needed. Also Helmet Guardian and Garmin Zumo attached through V-Stroms power socket. All working well and ready for Ride tomorrow/Saturday. Hoping to take Woody past the 500 mile mark tomorrow. Then as Stoopy has already experienced I will enter the "FastLane Zone".

Later

FastLane

Attachments