StromTrooper banner

Oxford heated grips and throttle tamer

5K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Rolex 
#1 ·
I currently have the throttle tamer installed. From reading on here there is a few that have said the Oxford grips fit fine with the throttle tamer. I have some questions. The heated grips fits on top of the throttle tamer right?

I used rtv to secure the Suzuki grip to the throttle tamer. Is some kind of glue used to attach the grip?

I know the adventure version does not fit, which is the one that fits ok?

#4 ·
All model Oxfords will fit with the tamer, some are longer than others and will require a trim on the end to suit your circumstance.

The tamer has a rough surface etched into it and the oxfords will slip on easier if you grind it down a little.

The glue that comes with the oxfords will work perfectly with the tamer but you will need to clean off the old stuff you put on there.

The oxfords work great hooked directly to your battery so no other parts required it is all in the box.

Reactions: gleeful and stu53
#5 ·
We have the Oxford Premium Touring no trimming required and the G2 throttle tammer.

As said just smooth the G2 off I used a grinding wheel.

The heated grip going on the G2 once narls are ground off

Cheers GotaV2

Reactions: gleeful and 2thDr
#10 ·
I cable tied the wires for my oxfords to the V2 wiring harness down the right hand side of the bike.

I did the best I could without removing the fuel tank then the next time I removed the tank to service my air filter I completed the job.

When ever I wire things directly to the battery I cut a section out of the ring terminals so they are no longer a "O" but look more like a "U"

This allows you to add and remove things from your battery posts without completely removing the battery bolts, just loosen, remove or add then tighten the bolts again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.