Online Parts Stores - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

1Likes
  • 1 Post By symbiotix

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-19-2017, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Online Parts Stores

Hey everyone,

I just bought my first bike and live in northern Alberta. Wondering what there is for good Canadian websites to purchase aftermarket parts. Thanks for all the replies in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-19-2017, 05:27 PM
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor

Parts for maintenance or repair, or parts like accessories?

Most of the aftermarket parts providers you see on this site and online other places ship to Canada regularly. For OEM parts I usually go to partzilla.com and I imagine they ship to our friends up north as well.

'12 DL 650 '14 BMW R 1200 RT

WERKS modified clutch baskets for DL and SV 1000's.
The BEST in chudder control, noise control, and lasting durability! AVAILABLE HERE: www.werksparts.com
WERKS Quiet Ride windshields for 2012+ DL 650-transform your V strom. Nothing compares.
Have questions about the Quiet Ride or clutch in your DL or SV 1000? E-mail Terry info@werksparts.com
post #3 of 8 Old 05-19-2017, 05:29 PM
Stromthusiast!

Twisted Throttle.ca or fort nine in montreal

post #4 of 8 Old 05-19-2017, 05:36 PM
Stromthusiast!

I buy a lot of stuff from fortnine.ca, they have good prices generally (after converting US prices to Canadian and adding shipping fees). Also go through ebay.ca and amazon.ca to compare, but note there are huge discrepancies between amazon.com and amazon.ca so always price match.

If you buy items from China they will do free shipping to Canada, and there are never any duties assessed at the border from there, the only issue is it can take many months for items to arrive.

There are some deals purchasing Givi items direct from Italy, but note you will be given an import bill upon arrival, plus have to pay PST/GST which can eat up any savings from there, still, if you get a sale you can save some money.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-19-2017, 06:04 PM
Stromthusiast!

+100 for fortnine.ca

Quality vendor, reasonable prices, quick shipping.
Thighrod likes this.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-19-2017, 09:57 PM
Stromthusiast!

I find that even after paying gst/pst and the exchange that Givi items from MotoStorm in Italy are significantly cheaper. Easy and fast delivery. Clothing is cheaper too, but might be problematic if you need to return.
post #7 of 8 Old 05-19-2017, 11:46 PM
Stromthusiast!

Online Parts Stores

I live in grande prairie, I have used both fortnine.ca and twistedthrottle.ca. Both are excellent. Free shipping on most things. Very quick shipping. Good return policy. Also I have used GW cycle out of Calgary. They are a suzuki dealer. Lots of good advice on accessories. Very knowledgeable. Great deals on clothing and givi cases. I would highly recommend them. I used them quite a bit even when riding other brands. Very down to earth, feels like an old style dealership not a big mega dealership. If you ever get to Calgary stop in. They will also ship. Talk to Trudy there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Skom300; 05-19-2017 at 11:49 PM.
post #8 of 8 Old 05-20-2017, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Wicked, thanks for all of the replies everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode