Hey all.... New here... - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 04-21-2017, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Hey all.... New here...

Well, decided to sell my tourer, a 1996 RF900R, and gonna grab up a V-Strom 1000 14-15. Like the 14 Tan ones.....
So anything I should look out for??? Found one with SW Motech skid plate and crash bars, levers, hand guards, tank bag and a Corbin seat with back rest. 1300 miles. Whats a good price. At a dealer and they are asking 8400. Any ideas?

Keeping my 99 TL1000R an my 02 GSX-R1000, so want some adventure and this is it. Like the 1000 as same motor as the TLR, so I know it and what its capible of.

So owners... opinions please.... and thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 04-21-2017, 05:56 AM
Stromthusiast!

Hello and welcome to forum.
Take your time and attention and read through these:
V2 + 16t = true love
ECU Replacement, Anyone have it done?

2014 DL1000 Red
2012 DL650 White (sold)
post #3 of 20 Old 04-21-2017, 09:11 AM
Stromthusiast!

Welcome aboard !!!
As far as what to look for? First off get the fastest color Tan. If buying used look for the standard has it been abused / maintained well thing. Make sure accessory electrical farkles have been done properly. Check to see by VIN # that all recalls have been taken care of. Be careful of what you read. Although websites can be a plethora of knowledge, a lot of it can be very subjective and opinionated. What someone else perceives as a major problem or flaw, others can live with no problem. I have a 2014 Vee2 in fast Tan. I have owned 5 V Stroms now, and this one is by far the best one yet. Buy it, Ride it, enjoy it !!! and welcome to the club.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 133.jpg (19.8 KB, 34 views)
pvwheeler and BamaNorman like this.

"Just give it a little more gas, it will be alright!"

post #4 of 20 Old 04-21-2017, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Crazy, the one I am looking at is, of course, TAN!!!
post #5 of 20 Old 04-21-2017, 02:17 PM
Stromthusiast!

Welcome Mike, from another Oregonian. Red is faster, haha. But seriously that bike for $8400 sounds like a good deal - the SW Motech parts are good quality. I bought my 2014 (Red, haha) a month ago and it's a hoot. I've spent quite a bit on accessories - centerstand, skid plate, Barkbusters and bags.. so you would be ahead of the game. Cheers.

R1200RT (sold), Super Tenere (sold), Kawi ER6N (SE Asia), 2014 V-Strom 1000 (Stateside)
post #6 of 20 Old 04-21-2017, 04:23 PM
Stromthusiast!

I am impressed with all the interest in the V2 this year, it seems to have grown in popularity, as it should, it's a great bike.

The Old Vee was kind of a sleeper too I understand, but over time it became a hot item and still going strong today.

Congrats on your new bike Mike.
post #7 of 20 Old 04-22-2017, 04:36 PM
$tromtrooper

Enjoy the new bike, it's a Peach. Don't worry about all the noise coming from the engine
At idle, it sounds great underway. Black is best.
post #8 of 20 Old 04-22-2017, 10:51 PM
$tromtrooper

I would shoot for 8K but at $8,400, I still like the deal. And, you have $1,000 worth of accessories, all nice stuff.

You do hear of some incredible deals, here and there; however, what matters is what they are going for in your area. I live in CT and really hunted (for months) for a good price on a V2. The best price (for a 2014 V2) that I could find was $10,600 OTD. So, I bought it. I still like what I got at that price.

So, for $8400 you get a hardly used V2 with expensive accessories to boot. I'd buy it.
jrb_nw likes this.
post #9 of 20 Old 04-30-2017, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Thanks for this info. I was not able to get the bike with all the goodies, as it was in CA and they were gonna have me pay 6-700$ in sales tax... ouch.

Found a 14 Tan in WA (same long a$$ drive, just north...LOL) with some goodies, Crashbars, hand guards, Kaoko throttle lock, and only 3372 miles, and got out the door for 6500. oh, and a TOuratech tank bag. I am happy. Its clean, a few scuffs, but in good shape.
bobbyvstrom, IDRIDR and driftertex like this.
post #10 of 20 Old 04-30-2017, 06:51 AM
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMike View Post
Thanks for this info. I was not able to get the bike with all the goodies, as it was in CA and they were gonna have me pay 6-700$ in sales tax... ouch.

Found a 14 Tan in WA (same long a$$ drive, just north...LOL) with some goodies, Crashbars, hand guards, Kaoko throttle lock, and only 3372 miles, and got out the door for 6500. oh, and a TOuratech tank bag. I am happy. Its clean, a few scuffs, but in good shape.
That's almost half of list price for a barely uses motorcycle. I like that deal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode