StromTrooper banner

Photo of wire loom chafing

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  G-Dub 
#1 ·
Curious as to just how bad the under tank wire pinch is, per the recall. I have yet to lift the tank and check it, and wondering what has been found in our group.

#2 ·
Here's one persons attempt to protect the area.

#3 ·
On my bike the wires had not shown any wear but the paint on the tank did show some, to avoid any rust I touched up the paint.

So don't just consider the wires, consider how any repair will work with the tank and check on any work done by others.

Reactions: York
#4 · (Edited)
Just did an oil change and replaced the air filter. At the same time I was able to check what the dealer did at the last service and the recall.
Well, for some reason my oil drain plug had two washers, on the left side one fuel tank cushion is missing, the tank underside is scratched in two areas blank but clear tape is covering only one area and the two upper screws of the air box were loose just being screwed in the upper cover plastic. !@#$%^&*

I will paint the underside too but at the moment I used a tire tube to cover the wires. Disconnected the two sensor wires on the air box in order to pull them thru the tire tube. Left the tube long enough to cover the wires from the collection point (mushroom) to the first sensor including connector. The upper sensor wire is long enough to run back up. It's hard to see the chafing on the blue and black shrink tube due to light reflections but the pic below shows the 'damage' on the tank.

#8 ·
I stuck all the fairing screws in order into a piece of cardboard and labeled them as I removed them. Made re-assembly much easier. Hopefully I've given up on the notion that "I'll remember where that screw (or part) goes back."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.