First Ride on my Vstrom
Hey New here, just picked up a leftover 2014 from a dealer last weekend.
Just came off a DRZ400s and a TU250x. I always had a soft spot for the new DL1000 so pulled the trigger.
Rode about 100 miles this week, but just finished a 300 mile ride today.
- I have the knocking issue, sounds like its coming from the clutch basket. will try getting the throttle bodies sync'd
- I'm 5'8'', windscreen is just a couple inches too low, alot of head shake, looking for a OEM adventure screen. Not looking for something too large.
- Also, I found for the first time, by wrist hurts and back hurts. Thinking changing bars.
- Weird, my knees took off some of he clear-coat finish off the tank. Annoying. (warranty?)
- first gear is too tall
- Whats the draft from the front forks? I was going down a dirt/sand road, and sand was flying up under my helmet into my eyes. That sucked made it difficult, worse when standing. How can i Fix that, its really important. Helmet chin guard?
- Have been softening the suspension for more off-road use. I working on a theory to increase pre-load on the shocks so I can use more of the suspension, but I do risk topping out. Also looking to have more pre-load on the front to help get weight off the front wheel, which in my opinion helps sand riding.
- Has anyone put their suspension on full soft?(excluding rebound)
Have a few thing on order
- Givi crash bars
- Enduro guardian skid plate
- michelin anakee wild tires
- front fork fender raiser
- 45t rear sprocket
- suspension socks
- engine case guards
- tank pads
Love the bike. Thanks Stromtroopers.