Throttle Control or Electronic Cruise Control - Page 4 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000A - 2014-2016 DL1000A - 2014-2016 (L4-L6)

24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 Old 01-07-2017, 04:45 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatFixedIt View Post
Yes, use the universal one. Rostra does not support motorcycle installations, so you may be depending on this group for your main source of tech support. The good news is that there are some experienced competent installed here.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Excellent, thanks. I'll probably tackle that before summer.

2014 DL1000A - Hazel
1979 CT90 - BOH
1994 FZJ80 - Tortuga
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 01-08-2017, 07:49 AM
$tromtrooper

Mad, here is just one of many Rostra install threads...lots's good info:
Rostra Electronic Cruise Control Install Instructions

Here is another one, but I warn you......RuggyBuggy's Avatar will permanently sear your retina :
Rostra Cruise Control in Fairing
MaddBaggins likes this.

'15 DL650XT
"You do your own thing in your own time"

Last edited by Motor7; 01-08-2017 at 07:52 AM.
post #33 of 35 Old 01-10-2017, 05:08 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

I too am interested in an electronic cruise control. Thanks to Rolex and others, I think I will spend the $$$ on the McCruise unit. It is motorcycle specific and brand specific. The guys at McCruise have already answered several of my questions very quickly. I think the install might be over my head so I went to my local trusted mechanic and he said he could do it. When I sent that info to McCruise they told me -"No problem and if he needs anything tell him to shot them and email or call." And they provided a number. So far,great customer service and I think it will continue. Will keep you posted on how it goes.

post #34 of 35 Old 01-10-2017, 05:19 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVDucati View Post
You've got a pretty good cross section of answers already. From my point of view if the money spent won't prevent you from getting something else you need, ... go all the way. Or if you care for simplicity get a thumb-lever mechanical throttle lock.

I have one bike with a electronic cruise. OEM BMW. Works as good or better than any you'd find in a car. All the others, including my V2, have the thumblock. I never feel cheated by the simple ones. In fact I think they are just as easy to use and reaching down to add / remove a touch of speed is just as normal as checking my mirrors.

Which ever way you go it is worth it for long hauls not have the right side of your body handcuffed to one position.
Will the thumb lock you provided in the link fit a DL100A?
Thanks,
Steve
post #35 of 35 Old 01-10-2017, 06:29 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve85248 View Post
Will the thumb lock you provided in the link fit a DL100A?
Thanks,
Steve
I have one on mine. Mind you they are "universal" so one thing you will need to do is to capture the locator tab on the device so that it does not free-rotate. I used two zip ties. Other folks use safety wire, etc.
pvwheeler and steve85248 like this.

Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '02 BMW K1200rs, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode