StromTrooper banner

Please Help Me Locate a Part...

4K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Hootgib3 
#1 ·
I noticed I was missing the cover for my relays when I put my bike back together last week. I've been checking parts fiche online and called a few dealers. On the parts fiche it's right next to #9 under wiring harness, the fuse panel lid. Here's the craziest thing I think I've ever heard and was told this by two OEM part dealers. If I want that relay cover I have to buy the whole $700+ wiring harness! Obviously that's ridiculous but why do they sell the fuse panel lid but not the relay one? Is there anyone out there that knows how to find one? I've emailed Suzuki and am waiting on a response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Is it part #9, "Cap Assembly, Fuse box"??? If so, I see it listed at Rocky Mountain ATV MC for a 2015 DL1000

9 36717-31J00 CAP ASSY,FUSE BOX $7.87 $7.08 Usually ships in 5-7 business days

Seeing the lead time I suspect they need to order it also. Sorry if I'm way off.

Rick

#9 ·
I worked at a dealership and look at many parts fiche diagrams. If it doesn't have a number you can't order it and have to get the whole assembly it's part of. Really sucks. Try getting a piece of plastic, cutting it to fit and either taping or zip tying it in place. Not a great solution but it should work and save you having to buy the whole assembly.

#13 ·
You think that popped off in your off road excursion?

My DL650k4 parts diagram shows PN 31861-47e00 for the relay cover... $0.81

No, it was there within the last few weeks. That relay cover you provided is for the starter relay. I wish it were that cheap! I'll have to find something similar online. I'm sure some electrical supply store might have something just like it. Thanks though.

#14 · (Edited)
#16 ·
If you have not ridden the bike, I'm thinking it's hung up on it someplace. Get a really good flashlight and go over the bike in the day and after dark. Sometimes it's easier to find stuff with a flashlight after it's dark....it narrows the search field.

Here's a tip, never never, EVER throw the ignition keys in that little tray under the seat(nahhh, i'll remember it's there before slapping the seat back on. I officially thank you for giving me that extra key which was still with the paperwork in a box on the floor of my shop.....there might have been a bit of this going on before I found that extra key:cuss:

#18 ·
If you have not ridden the bike, I'm thinking it's hung up on it someplace. Get a really good flashlight and go over the bike in the day and after dark. Sometimes it's easier to find stuff with a flashlight after it's dark....it narrows the search field.

Here's a tip, never never, EVER throw the ignition keys in that little tray under the seat(nahhh, i'll remember it's there before slapping the seat back on. I officially thank you for giving me that extra key which was still with the paperwork in a box on the floor of my shop.....there might have been a bit of this going on before I found that extra key:cuss:

I haven't really spent much time looking for it and it could very well be jammed inside the bike. It does blow my mind how it came off though. Im riding down to West Palm beach in a week for Christmas so I want everything buttoned up and if I hit rain that's one thing I want covered. Im swapping the front tire today so I'll have to really get in there and look.
I'm glad the extra key saved you. I always carry mine now in my jacket pocket just for those "WTF" moments.

#21 ·
Damn man, riding from Jersy to WPB in Christmas traffic.....??? I'm impressed and humbled:

Ride safe my friend!

I hope to make the trip but reality set in and with this unpredictable weather I may drive instead.
On another note I found the cover for the relays. It had made its way to the far back underneath my seat. It blended in to the plastic tray and was as up against the back of the tail light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.