StromTrooper banner

Fully modded guys: what MPG are you getting?

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  pvwheeler 
#1 ·
Just curious where I fall. Since installing the Arrow header combined with Leo Vince exhaust, K&N and PCFC, my mileage is sitting around 37-38mpg when riding conservatively. If I flog it I get low 30's (32ish). Also I tend to fair quite a bit better logging my own mileage then what is represented by the dash. The display will usually read 33mpg, but when manually calculated using Fuelly I'm hitting 38.

I know I would likely be back in the 40mpg range if I went back to the 17t sprocket, but Im just curious where everyone else is clocking in.

#2 ·
I'll let you know next spring lol. I just got the full system, K&N, and a PCV. I will have a it properly dyno tuned!

Did you have yours done? This can make a difference because while a generic map gets it in the ball park it's never as good as it can be with dyno tuning. This has been my experience.

#4 ·
No I have not had a proper tune done. I'm about 6 hours from the nearest shop. I can tell the bike is running rich so would love to see what a tune would do for power and economy. Let us know how you make out!

#7 ·
That is where I am coming in too. Not running the header so my O2 sensors are still in play. I can easily get over 200 miles on a tank and that is more than adequate. Bike is running sweet n smooth, just in time for winter :frown2:

#6 ·
Is there ever such a thing as "Fully modded"? Did you switch out the frame, the motor, the bars, wheels, shocks, forks, exhaust, seat, racks, bags, wiring, coolant, lights, spark, fuel?

At my level of Modding, I consider it complete, but I have not touched the exhaust, when filled with the bike level, it says 374km/tank, and when it gets down to 100km I fill it up again. I don't really care about the other values as long as the bike is running well, fun, no accidents, and it gets me from A to B without running out of gas.

#8 ·
I have a scorpion slipon k&n air filter pc5 and autotune, i also dynoed the bike.

i'm getting 36-38 mpg but i ride a lot in NYC traffic so...i think my best was 42mpg doing 75mph(on the odometer) for a long time. going above 80mph dramatically drops my mpg to the low 30's

#9 ·
I am feeling comforted reading your posts. Having browsed other bikes on Fuelly it seemed as though I was at the low end of the spectrum, but it seems like I am average after all. My riding is mostly done at the 120-125kmh on the highway so the bike tends to get a bit thirsty with the 16 tooth sprocket. Now that I've added the header I will go back to the 17 tooth and hopefully have a nice balance of torque in all gears, combined with decent mpg and low rpms at highway speed.

#10 ·
So, what about speedometer correction? The V2 speedometer is about 8% to 9% fast and the the odometer is about 4% high. That would throw the milage readings off a bit. I corrected my speedometer down 8.6% so now it's spot on (according to the local constabulary's laser) but since the odometer works off the same signal It's now about 4% low. Makes my milage look worse but then again it might help the resale...

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.