StromTrooper banner

Aftermarket exhaust options

242K views 810 replies 149 participants last post by  OldnInTheWoods 
#1 ·
I hope some are available soon cuz this stock can is frikkin HUGE and WAY too quiet for my taste. Can't wait for something smaller and a little louder.

#3 ·
Reactions: OldnInTheWoods
#16 ·
Couldn't agree with you more :thumbup::thumbup:

I really hope that is the style of pipe that Akrapovic go for with the new 1000.

If it looks like this then I will be very happy :mrgreen:

#17 ·
I guess I don't see what is so different from one can to another. I think they pretty much all look the same. I don't like the twin opening in the Akro personally. I though the Yosh looked just fine, anything is an improvement on the stock suitcase.

#21 ·
All in the eye of the beholder I guess. Fortunately I wasn't brought up on the abominations that came out of Detroit, so I still have an eye for an attractive design.

The muffler should fit in with the overall design of the bike, which it did on my Busa. However on the Vstrom it just looks like a dog's dick.

#19 ·
Muffler Position

The thing that bothers me the most about the stock exhaust "suitcase" is the limitation it is making on installing saddlebags. None of the larger soft stuff, like the Cortech bags, will fit because the muffler extends too high. I hope someone makes a can that will be angled a little lower so that we can get soft saddle bags to fit. I know they have the sport bike bags but they don't hold much.

#20 ·
The thing that bothers me the most about the stock exhaust "suitcase" is the limitation it is making on installing saddlebags. None of the larger soft stuff, like the Cortech bags, will fit because the muffler extends too high. I hope someone makes a can that will be angled a little lower so that we can get soft saddle bags to fit. I know they have the sport bike bags but they don't hold much.
I think the top of the can is going to be the same on all pipes because that is the mounting point. So rack will be needed for soft luggage.

#30 ·
Talked with Yoshi today!

I spoke with the folks at Yosh in California today and they said the R-77 style exhaust slip on is in production and will be shipping to distributers in the next couple weeks. Retail price is $599.00 and you can order from dealers now to get sometime in June. He tried to get me to order direct but would have to pay full price plus shipping. Order through dealer and get discount and no freight charges. Also spoke with Two-Brothers and they have not even started R&D on the new V-Strom. He did say they would work on getting a bike in their shop and start work on new model vale for the V-Strom. Sounds promising for those that are interested in replacing the OEM can.

Later

FastLane

#31 ·
I spoke with the folks at Yosh in California today and they said the R-77 style exhaust slip on is in production and will be shipping to distributers in the next couple weeks. Retail price is $599.00 and you can order from dealers now to get sometime in June. He tried to get me to order direct but would have to pay full price plus shipping. Order through dealer and get discount and no freight charges. Also spoke with Two-Brothers and they have not even started R&D on the new V-Strom. He did say they would work on getting a bike in their shop and start work on new model vale for the V-Strom. Sounds promising for those that are interested in replacing the OEM can.

Later

FastLane
Yoshimura on their website, looks pretty good :yesnod:

Yoshimura R&D

Stainless USD $499.00
Carbon USD $599.00

#35 ·
I can guarantee you that they won't simply come apart. I had to cut both ends off and then split the central casing to gut my K7 mufflers. It was worth it in the end but it still cost a fair bit to pay someone to rebuild. Cos I can't weld for shit. So please, go for it and take photos of how you go about it.

#40 ·
Yeah, love that look. I've had 2 yosh mufflers and they've been great. Drop several pounds and add a bit of power. This motor is going to sound like a beast. Not sure I'll be able to run it without the db killer.

#42 ·
Here Mr. Mountain and I disagree. I feel with the "DB Killer" in, the sound is just about perfect. DB Killer is a bit of a misnomer as it really only knocks the level down a few dbs. Can't really vouch for the new Yosh but my Mistral on my Stelvio, a similar setup, was perfect with it in.:thumbup:

#45 · (Edited)
No point putting on good aftermarket pipes if all you're going to do is neuter them :green_lol:

Bring out that nice V-Twin sound!! :thumbup:

#47 ·
Putting on any much less restrictive pipe has to change the fuel/air setup. Doesn't it? I can't see how a new map is not going to be required. I know how some people wouldn't be bothered by a rougher running low end but that's not me. Real happy with everything now as stock. Would hope to have that again after the slip on.:yesnod:

#51 ·
Yoshi is showing a ss/carbon R77 for $499 and full carbon for $599. No performance gain or weight saving specs that I can see. May have to wait until someone like Motorcycle Superstore or Revzilla stars stocking them for more infor and better pricing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.